Start your funding application online
Our application and award process consists of three main stages which are all completed using our online grants management system, Flexi-Grant.
An overview of the application process
1. Apply online
- Unless stated otherwise in the scheme-specifc guidelines, applications for funding are submitted using our online grants management system.
- Your application needs to be approved by the your Host Institution before it's submitted to us.
- We review and content check the applications to ensure the funding committee has all the information they need to make a decision.
- If applicable to that particular funding scheme, the application will be peer reviewed.
2. Funding decision made
- Once a decision is made you will receive feedback on your application.
- If you are successful you will be issued with a Grant Award Letter.
- You will then need to accept the award in Flexi-Grant.
- Your Host Institution will also need to accept the award.
- Finally you will need to activate the award.
3. After your grant has been awarded
- You will be required to submit annual reports to us based on the requirements of the particular scheme.
- Your Host Institution will use Flexi-Grant to submit Financial Reconciliations and view remittance information.
- You and your host Institutions can request equipment claims.
Access your online application
Log in to our online grants management system to begin your application.
Contact the grants team
How to make a successful application
Read advice from our research funding team on how to make a successful grant application at any level.