"I am glad that taking part in a trial might help others on their own cancer journey.”
A study of matching new treatments to the individual make up of pancreatic cancer (PRECISION Panc)
This study is looking at tissue samples in detail to try to match people to treatment for pancreatic cancer. It is part of a larger research programme looking at new treatments for pancreatic cancer.
Cancer Research UK supports this study.
More about this trial
- PRIMUS 001 for people with pancreatic cancer that has spread
- PRMUS 002 for people with pancreatic cancer that can be removed with surgery
- PRIMUS 003 for people having their 2nd treatment for pancreatic cancer that has spread elsewhere in the body (please note, PRIMUS 003 is now closed)
Who can enter
- have the most common type of pancreatic cancer called ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas
- have a mass that your doctor suspects is cancer of the pancreas which may or may not have spread elsewhere in the body
- are willing to give tissue samples (
- are considered to be suitable to join an open PRIMUS study
- are suitable to have treatment such as surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- are at least 16 years old
- the genetic make up of your cancer
- any inherited cancer genes passed down to you by your mother or father
You shouldn’t have any extra hospital visits if you join this study.
How to join a clinical trial
Professor Andrew Biankin
Dr David Chang
Professor Juan Valle
Cancer Research UK
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde