“I think it’s really important that people keep signing up to these type of trials to push research forward.”
A study looking at buparlisib and radiotherapy for non small cell lung cancer
This study looked at a cancer growth blocker called buparlisib and radiotherapy for a type of lung cancer called non small cell lung cancer. It was supported by Cancer Research UK.
More about this trial
- the best dose of buparlisib to give alongside radiotherapy
- whether buparlisib can change the amount of oxygen getting to the cancer cells
- more about the side effects
Summary of results
- buparlisib tablets once a day for two weeks
- radiotherapy once a day for 5 days during the second week of buparlisib
- a PET-CT scan before treatment and a week after finishing treatment
- tiredness (fatigue)
- feeling sick
- a drop in appetite
How to join a clinical trial
Please note: In order to join a trial you will need to discuss it with your doctor, unless otherwise specified.
Dr Geoff Higgins
Cancer Research UK
Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC)
NIHR Clinical Research Network: Cancer
Oxford Cancer Imaging Centre
University of Oxford
This is Cancer Research UK trial number CRUKD/12/016.