Furle Terms & Conditions
The Furle platform (“the Platform”) is provided by Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (“we” or “our”) and allows users to sell or donate high quality clothing and accessories (each an “Item”) that can be used to help raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
The use of the Platform is subject to the terms below, as well as the general Terms and Conditions that govern the use of any part of the Cancer Research UK website (together the “Platform Terms”). In the event of any conflict between these two sets of terms, the terms below shall take precedence.
The Platform Terms may be amended from time to time, so you should check them regularly for any changes.
Use of the Platform
In order to use the Platform, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be resident in the UK
- be the owner of the Item(s)
- have a PayPal account - if you do not have one, you will be invited to set one up when listing your Item(s), otherwise you will be unable to receive any payment for Items in the event we agree to buy them (see “Accepting an offer” below) or the reimbursement of any delivery costs you incur.
In the event that any user breaches the Platform Terms, we reserve the right to prevent them from using the Platform in future.
When you have submitted details of the Items via the Platform, we will send you a bag to put the relevant Item(s) in. You should then post the bag back to us, although you may choose to arrange for Items to be delivered to us using an alternative method e.g. courier delivery.
We ask that you pay the costs involved in sending Items to us (the “Delivery Costs”), but we shall reimburse you for these in due course, subject to a maximum limit of £15 (see “Accepting an Offer/Refusing an Offer” below). Please keep evidence of these costs, as we may ask to see this before reimbursing these costs.
Please ensure that the Items are sent to the following address: CRUK Unit E, Townsmoor Retail Park, Blackburn, Lancashire , BB2 3PX. We will confirm by email when we have received the Item(s) submitted to us.
Please retain proof of posting or sending when sending Items to us, as we shall not be responsible for any Items that are lost, stolen or damaged before they come into our possession, or which fail to reach us for any other reason e.g. insufficient Delivery Costs paid. You may wish to take out insurance to cover this risk.
Items we will accept
Given the nature and purpose of the Platform, we regret that we are only able to accept Items from certain brands. Please see our accepted brands page for further information about the brands we will accept.
Please note that the following types of clothing are examples that we will not offer to purchase, and therefore we ask that you do not refer or send these to us:
- items which are heavily worn, in poor condition, of poor quality or otherwise damaged (irrespective of the brand)
- items from high street brands such as TopShop and Primark
We are not obliged to offer to purchase any item of clothing, and reserve the right to reject items at our absolute discretion, without the need to give reasons for this.
Making you an offer
We aim to review all Items, and notify you whether we would like to make an offer to purchase them, within three (3) working days of our receiving them from you.
If we do wish to purchase one or more Items that you have provided to us, we will send you an email notifying you of the price we are willing to offer.
You may choose one of the following options for each Item:
- you can accept the offer;
- you can decline the offer, and request the return of the item; or
- you can decline the offer, but donate the item to us
Our offer will be based on a number of factors, including the brand of the Item, the condition it is provided in, availability, retail price etc, and further information is set out in our Guide Prices. It does not necessarily represent the Item’s market value, nor the price at which we may subsequently sell the Item to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, and therefore you should not rely on it for these purposes. You are under no obligation to accept any price we offer.
If you fail to respond to our email offer within 30 days, we shall treat the relevant Item as donated goods.
We may withdraw any offer at any time, but we shall promptly notify you of such withdrawal.
Accepting an offer
If you decide to accept an offer and confirm this to us, a contract for the sale of the Item(s) will be formed at that point. Please note you will be unable to cancel this contract after this stage without our consent, but you can withdraw Items at any time before this. We reserve the right to cancel this contract in the event we become aware of any breach of the Platform Terms.
We will then arrange for the agreed price, together with your Delivery Costs, to be paid into your PayPal account. We aim to do this within three (3) working days. We shall become the legal owner of the item(s) once payment has been made.
Refusing an offer
- we can’t accept item(s) that you have sent to us; or
- you don’t want to sell an item at the price we have offered to buy it
You can either choose to have the item(s) returned to you, or you can donate the items to us to sell in one of our shops. Either way, we will reimburse your Delivery Costs.
If you choose to have the item returned, we will arrange for the relevant Item(s) to be posted back to you by courier (or such other delivery method as we deem appropriate at no cost to you. We aim to return Items within 7-10 working days of your notifying us of this choice. In addition, we will also reimburse your Delivery Costs of sending the Item(s) to us in the first place.
Limitation of liability
We are responsible for loss or damage that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Platform Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated at the time the contract was entered.
Please note that we shall not be liable for any failure to return Item(s) or make any payment to you where this failure is through some error on your part e.g. if you have incorrectly completed your return address or payment details.
The Platform is intended for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Platform for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Liability for use of the Platform itself is subject to the general website Terms and Conditions.
Events outside our control
Please note that we shall not be responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in our performance of, our obligations caused by events outside our control. In such circumstances we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the non-performance or delay, but we will not be liable for any loss or delay caused by such an event.
All personal data that you are asked to provide when using the Platform will be handled in accordance with our “Privacy Statement”.
- whilst we make every effort to ensure that the Platform is available at all times, circumstances outside of our control mean that we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. Similarly, there may be occasions when we have to carry out maintenance or other work on the Platform which may affect its functionality, or we may have to suspend the Platform altogether, but we shall try and keep this to a minimum.
- we also reserve the right to withdraw the Platform from use at any time. Where possible we shall give advance notice of this. In any event, we shall continue to process all Items received by us prior to the Platform being withdrawn in accordance with these Platform Terms. However, we will not be responsible for Items sent to us after the Platform has been withdrawn unless this has been agreed between us.
- all disputes arising out of or relating to the Items and/or any transactions made on or resulting from use of the Platform shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- if you have any queries about the use of this Platform, please email us at email@example.com
- Cancer Research UK Trading Limited is a company which Gifts Aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK, and is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ, registered company number 4355631 and VAT number is GB788 1386 78.