Walk 100 Miles Challenge
Walk 100 miles in June and raise money for life-saving cancer research. Take on the challenge in a way that suits you, whether that's 3.3 miles a day or longer walks at the weekend.
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- Cancer Research UK t-shirt
- Online Giving Page
- Digital fundraising pack
From a calendar, to a totaliser and lots of social badges, there are plenty of assets available for you to smash your fundraising this June.
Track your miles with Fitbit
Before getting started, you will need to have a Fitbit device and account already set up.
1. Go to your online Giving Page that you would like to connect
2. Click on "Connect to Fitbit"
3. You will be asked to log into your Fitbit account, if you are not logged in already.
4. Accept permission for Fitbit to share your activities with Cancer Research UK, this will complete your connection.
5. Once connected you will be able to choose your settings for Fitbit. These can be changed at any time.
Benefits of walking 100 miles
There are lots of amazing benefits to taking on this challenge alongside raising money for life-saving research:
- Improve your fitness levels
Walking consistently strengthens your muscles, improves your balance and increases your cardiovascular fitness.
- Help maintain a healthy weight
Clocking up those miles will help you to burn calories and tone your muscles in no time.
- Boost your energy
Walking increases oxygen flow through the body, making you feel more energised and ready to tackle the day.
- Discover new places
This challenge is the perfect opportunity to get outdoors and explore new places.
- Can help lower blood pressure
Being active can help lower blood pressure and your risk of heart problems in the future.