Around 1 in 5 people diagnosed with cancer in the UK take part in a clinical trial.
A trial of pazopanib after surgery for kidney cancer
This trial looked at a drug called pazopanib after surgery to remove kidney cancer. It was for people who had the most common type of kidney cancer called renal cell cancer.
More about this trial
- dummy drug (
- see if pazopanib can stop renal cell cancer from coming back after surgery
- learn more about the side effects
Summary of results
- almost 7 out of every 10 people (66%) who had pazopanib
- about 6 out of every 10 people (62%) who had a dummy drug
- high blood pressure
- changes to the hair colour
- feeling sick
- tiredness (fatigue)
How to join a clinical trial
Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC)