“Deborah agreed to take part in a trial as she was keen to help other cancer patients in the future. "If taking part in a trial means others might be helped then I’m very happy with that."
A study of the health of women after breast surgery and radiotherapy (OSTaRa)
Please note - this trial is no longer recruiting patients. We hope to add results when they are available.
More about this trial
- are safe
- are affordable
- a quality of life questionnaire
- a questionnaire asking about such things as their age, education and employment
Who can enter
- has had breast cancer
- has had surgery to remove the area of cancer only (lumpectomy or breast conserving surgery)
- has had radiotherapy
- is at least 18 years old
You cannot join this study if any of the following apply. You:
- have already filled in an OSTaRa questionnaire
- don’t understand English well enough to answer the questions
- an information sheet
- 2 questionnaires
There are no extra hospital visits if you agree to join this study
Some of questions ask about your cancer and treatment. And this might cause some anxiety.
How to join a clinical trial
Professor Jayant Vaidya
University College London