Full Terms and Conditions for the Cancer Research UK Weekly Lottery
The Cancer Research UK weekly lottery (the “Lottery”) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
- Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
Responsible Person: Edward Aspel.
All profits raised from the Lottery will go towards the work of Cancer Research UK.
Registered Charity Numbers: 1089464 in England and Wales and SC041666 in Scotland.
- By entering the Lottery you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any Lottery entry and participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- This Lottery is open only to individuals aged 16 years or over who live in Great Britain. Any person who has entered the Lottery and who is found to be under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize. The Promoter reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
- The Lottery is not open to employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s subsidiary companies or of any company involved with running the Lottery.
- The cost of each entry into the Lottery is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is ten x £1 per person per week.
- Payment to enter the Lottery must be made in advance via one of the payment methods described. If you pay by monthly direct debit, then £4 or £5 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one line of numbers) will be collected per month directly from your bank account, depending on the number of draws in between your payment dates.
- Your first draw date will be as notified in writing to you by the Promoter.
- The prizes are as described on the Lottery website at www.cruk.org/lottery . Specific prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions which shall form part of these Terms and Conditions. Details of the prizes and of prize specific terms and conditions are also available by post on request to the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019. Subject to paragraph 10, no alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be transferred directly into the winners’ bank accounts or paid by cheque (at the Promoter’s discretion) within 28 days of the draw.
- From time to time the Promoter may increase the pool of prizes available in a particular Lottery draw (each of these one-off bigger draws is called a ‘Superdraw’). In any week in which the Promoter runs a Superdraw, each of your Lottery entries will become entries to the Superdraw at no extra charge to you.
- The Promoter reserves the right to sell entries to its Superdraw separately (as tickets to enter a one-off raffle). The Promoter’s ‘Raffle Terms and Conditions’ will apply to tickets for one-off entry. To see those terms and conditions and for information on how to purchase such tickets, please visit http://www.cruk.org/raffle or call our Supporter Contact Team on 0300 123 1861 to request a copy of the ‘Raffle Terms and Conditions’ by post.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and except where expressly stated no cash alternative will be available.
- The draw will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday in England and then the draw will take place on the next working day in England. The winning entries will be selected using random number generator software which has been tested and approved by an independent test house approved by the Gambling Commission. Prizes will be awarded in order of selection.
- A list of the titles, surnames and home counties of winners will be published on the Website and will also be available by post on request to the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019. This list shall be for information purposes only and, subject to paragraph 15, prizes shall be awarded only to winning entries as recorded during the draw. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- By entering the Lottery you agree to provide a photo of yourself, and to the Promoter using this photo and your title, surname and home county in relation to you being a winner of the Lottery, including on the Website and on promotional materials relating to the Lottery and related activities.
- The Promoter will use your personal information for the purposes of administering the Lottery and as described in Cancer Research UK’s Privacy statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/privacy-statement.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject your entry, terminate your subscription and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the Promoter has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and the Promoter shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer arising from the Promoter exercising such rights. The Promoter is not liable to return any amounts already paid save to any entrant found to be under 16 and any other refund the Promoter makes will be solely in the Promoter’s discretion.
- a prize cannot be paid or delivered (as applicable) using the details provided to the Promoter; or
- any cheque payment from the promoter remains uncashed;
after 3 months of the date of the draw, this prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Lottery in whole or in part in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Subject to paragraph 19, the Promoter shall not be liable for:
- Lottery entries or communications which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
- any late bank payments;
- the Promoter’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
- loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Lottery or your use of any prize;
- any interruptions or errors on or to the Website;
- technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
- any failure or delay beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time. The Promoter will notify you of any significant changes to these Terms and Conditions via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the Promoter at its discretion).
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Lottery is final. The Promoter operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on www.cruk.org/about-us/contact-us and by post on request to the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019. In the event of a complaint or dispute relating to the Lottery that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction using the Promoter’s procedure referred to above, you can request that the matter be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (www.ibas-uk.co.uk), which provides Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) services to help resolve such complaints.
- The Promoter is committed to operating the Lottery in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at www.gambleaware.co.uk or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. To see the Promoter’s Social Responsibility Policy, including information about self-exclusion, please visit the Website or to request a copy be sent by post call the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019.
- If you have any queries about the Weekly Lottery please contact the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019 or write to Cancer Research UK Weekly Lottery, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.