Fundraising Committee Group Member – Chelmsford, Essex
Why we need you:
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference, then the Chelmsford Local Committee could be for you.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in your local community
- Attending group meetings virtually, and face to face under Covid Secure Guidance
- Representing Cancer Research UK in your local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
The type of person we are looking for
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home-based role, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Register your interest today and Hollie White, your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about Chelmsford Local Committee, find out more about your skills, experience and motivations and answer any questions you may have.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.