The Great Golf Challenge Terms and Conditions
The Great Golf Challenge rules
Updated 18 April 2019
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to The Great Golf Challenge and by registering for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact The Great Golf Challenge hotline on 0300 123 1022 * and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The Great Golf Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”).
1. The Great Golf Challenge is a team fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
2. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in The Great Golf Challenge and teams shall be made up of a maximum of four people.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
1. Following your registration we will send you information about The Great Golf Challenge and suggested ways to improve your fundraising via email communications.
Upon completion of registration, participants will be sent a fundraising pack via email. This pack will also be available to download from the website here: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/golf-challenge/golf-fundraising-tools-and-ideas
2. We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with The Great Golf Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with The Great Golf Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after The Great Golf Challenge finishes. Please ensure that you deposit all fundraising monies and donations collected into your Cancer Research UK Giving Pages which are established as part of the registration process so that these sums can be counted towards the prize referred to below. Money pledged via your Cancer Research UK Giving Pages is collected automatically.
Use of your information
1. By providing your information when you register for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK, we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering The Great Golf Challenge, and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on The Great Golf Challenge website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of The Great Golf Challenge website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter The Great Golf Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far, as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
3. Participants must ensure that they have consent of the owner of any premises at which they propose to hold The Great Golf Challenge.
Prize Terms and Conditions
By registering for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions governing the award of the prize to the top fundraising team (“The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition”). The promoter of The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition is Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD (the “Promoter”).
1. The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over who have registered for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
3. Please email email@example.com by 23.59 on 29 September 2019 if you do not wish to be entered into The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition.
4. Unless you have opted out, you will be entered into The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition as part of the team with whom you have registered for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK.
5. Your team must ensure that all fundraising monies and donations you collect are deposited into the Cancer Research UK Giving Pages established for your team as part of the registration process by 23.59 on 30 September 2019 (the “Closing Date”).
6. The funds deposited into your team’s online Cancer Research UK Giving Pages by the Closing Date will make up your fundraising total (“The Great Golf Challenge Fundraising Total”).
7. For the avoidance of doubt, any fundraising monies or donations deposited after the Closing Date will not be counted towards your Golf Challenge Fundraising Total.
8. Entries to The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition are made on a team basis via the team’s Cancer Research UK Giving Pages. Monies deposited into an individual’s Giving Page which has not been established as part of a Cancer Research UK Golf Challenge team registration will not count towards any of The Great Golf Challenge Fundraising Total.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by the winning team, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the depositing of funds raised in association with The Great Golf Challenge, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify your team if your team’s conduct, or the conduct of any team member, is contrary to the spirit or intention of The Great Golf Challenge or The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition.
11. The winning team will receive:
Return train travel from mainland UK rail station to Sandwich; Return private station transfers in Sandwich; 1 night’s hotel accommodation near the golf course, with a four-star rating, based on sharing two double or twin rooms; Breakfast; Weekend tickets to a leading golf championship, taking place in July 2020; Return private transfers to golf course on all days of play; Three-course dinner and drinks at a nearby restaurant, up to a maximum value of £75 per person.
12. The Prize is provided by Element London Ltd (the “Prize Provider”) and is subject to their terms and conditions which are as follows:
“Train travel available from mainland UK rail stations only; Any necessary visas are responsibility of winner and guest; A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation; Hotel accommodation is based on four adults sharing two double or twin rooms; Hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion; Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable; No cash alternative is available; Prize is subject to availability; Prize must be taken over 18 – 19 July 2020; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended; At least two travellers must be aged 18 or over; Where any travellers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission; The prize excludes domestic ground transfers; The prize excludes meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize; The Prize Provider is Element London Ltd (www.element-london.com).”
(the “Prize Provider Terms and Conditions”).
13. The provision of the Prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of the Prize Provider or any other third parties concerned in any way with The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition.
14. Each member of the winning team is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions and/or the Prize Provider Terms and Conditions and all other incidentals. Each winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the Prize.
15. Each member of the winning team is responsible for ensuring that they are available to take up the prize on the date(s) chosen by the team and that they hold any travel documents necessary for the Prize.
16. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize.
17. By participating, entrants agree that the Prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the Prize.
18. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
19. The Promoter will review the Cancer Research UK Giving Pages of all teams participating in The Great Golf Challenge and the team which has the largest Great Golf Challenge Fundraising Total on the Closing Date will win The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition.
20. The captain of the winning team will be notified within 5 days of the Closing Date via the details provided as part of the registration process for The Great Golf Challenge.
21. If the winning team’s captain does not respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the Promoter will attempt to contact the other members of the winning team via the details provided by the team captain as part of the registration process for The Great Golf Challenge. If the Promoter has not received a response from at least one of those team members within 5 days, the Prize will be forfeited by the entire team and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another team. In such event, the team with the second highest Great Golf Challenge Fundraising Total will become the winning team. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. In the event that two teams have raised exactly the same Great Golf Challenge Fundraising Total, the teams will be considered joint winners and both teams will be awarded the Prize.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition; (ii) cancel or refuse any team’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to participants).
24. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
25. The winners of The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition agree: (i) that the Promoter may request the express written consent of the members of the winning team to use their surnames, image and county of residence to announce the winners of The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require. For the avoidance of doubt, neither entry into The Great Golf Challenge Prize Competition nor the likelihood of a team being the winning team are conditional upon consent being given to the terms of this clause.
26. Where the winning team members have given their consent as set out above, the surname and county of the winners will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
27. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.