The Great Golf Challenge Terms and Conditions
The Great Golf Challenge rules
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to The Great Golf Challenge and by registering for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact The Great Golf Challenge hotline on 0300 123 1022 * and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The Great Golf Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK.
(Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ.
1. The Great Golf Challenge is a team fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
2. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in The Great Golf Challenge and teams shall be made up of a maximum of four people.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
1. Following your registration, we will send you information about The Great Golf Challenge and suggested ways to improve your fundraising via email communications.
Upon completion of registration, participants will be sent a fundraising pack via email. This pack will also be available to download from the website here: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/golf-challenge/golf-fundraising-tools-and-ideas
2. We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with The Great Golf Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with The Great Golf Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after The Great Golf Challenge finishes. Please ensure that you deposit all fundraising monies and donations collected into your Cancer Research UK Giving Pages which are established as part of the registration process so that these sums can be counted towards the prize referred to below. Money pledged via your Cancer Research UK Giving Pages is collected automatically.
Use of your information
1. By providing your information when you register for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK, we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering The Great Golf Challenge, and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for The Great Golf Challenge for Cancer Research UK.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on The Great Golf Challenge website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of The Great Golf Challenge website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter The Great Golf Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far, as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
3. Participants must ensure that they have the consent of the owner of any premises at which they propose to hold The Great Golf Challenge.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.