We’re committed to delivering a high standard of service
If you're unhappy with any aspect of our work, we’d like to hear about it. We appreciate the opportunity this feedback gives us to learn and improve. We will treat you with courtesy and fairness in all your dealings with us.
Our aim is to respond to your complaint within 5 working days. If we need to investigate further, we'll let you know we've received your complaint and how long it will take to resolve.
We are commited to treating complaints seriously, sensitively, and with discretion and understanding.
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use.
- To publicise our complaints procedure so that people know how to make a complaint.
- To make sure that all complaints are investigated in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
Supporters drive everything we do at Cancer Research UK. With no government funding for our research, it’s only thanks to your generosity that we’ve helped double cancer survival rates in just 40 years.
Supporters are at the heart of everything we achieve. As such, we’d like giving to us to be a great experience.
Most people who make a complaint to us feel happy that we have resolved it with them. However, if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, let us know and here’s what we’ll do:
- We will pass your complaint to a more senior member of staff who will try to help.
- Or if your complaint is about fundraising you can contact the Fundraising Regulator for an independent investigation via their website at http://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/ by post to Fundraising Regulator, 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, Old Street, London, N1 6AH, or by phone on 0300 999 3407.
- Or, if your complaint is about our lottery or raffle, you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (www.ibas-uk.com) who will adjudicate on any dispute that has not been resolved to your satisfaction. IBAS can be contacted by phone on 020 7347 5883, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London EC3P 3AS.
- Or, if your complaint relates to a contract for the sale of goods or services, you may consider submitting the matter for alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ADR is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it without the need to go to court. You can submit a complaint to any approved ADR body, including Pro Mediate (http://www.promediate.co.uk (link is external)). A full list of approved ADR bodies can be found at https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/adr-approved-bodies.