Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) accounts for 1% of all new cancer cases in the UK, and 37% of all leukaemia types combined (2013).[1-4]
In 2013, there were 3,442 new cases of CLL in the UK: 2,164 (63%) in males and 1,278 (37%) in females, giving a male:female ratio of around 17:10.[1-4] The
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (C91.1), Number of New Cases, Crude and European Age-Standardised (AS) Incidence Rates per 100,000 Population, UK, 2013
|AS Rate - 95% LCL||8.3||8.1||4.3||2.6||8.0|
|AS Rate - 95% UCL||9.1||11.4||6.2||5.7||8.7|
|AS Rate - 95% LCL||3.9||4.3||2.0||1.2||3.8|
|AS Rate - 95% UCL||4.4||6.5||3.2||3.3||4.3|
|AS Rate - 95% LCL||6.0||6.5||3.2||2.2||5.8|
|AS Rate - 95% UCL||6.4||8.4||4.3||4.0||6.2|
95% LCL and 95% UCL are the 95% lower and upper
ASR calculated with ESP2013. Not comparable with ASRs calculated with ESP1976.
- Data were provided by the Office for National Statistics on request, July 2015. Similar data can be found here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/cancer-statistics-registrations--england--series-mb1-/index.html
- Data were provided by ISD Scotland on request, April 2015. Similar data can be found here: http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Cancer/Publications/index.asp
- Data were provided by the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit on request, February 2015. Similar data can be found here: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/page.cfm?orgid=242&pid=59080
- Data were provided by the Northern Ireland Cancer Registry on request, March 2015. Similar data can be found here: http://www.qub.ac.uk/research-centres/nicr/
- Haematological Malignancy Research Network. Haematological malignancies & cancer registration in England (2004-2008). Quality appraisal comparing data from the National Cancer Data Repository (NCDR) with the population-based Haematological Malignancy Research Network (HMRN). Final Report. London: Leukaemia Lymphoma Research; 2012.