Fonix: Text to Donate terms & conditions for Cancer Research UK website
Text to Donate Terms and Conditions
1. You can donate to Cancer Research UK by texting any of the following keywords to 70180.
To make a £3 donation, text:
Keyword POWER; THREE; BEAT3; EVERYDAY3; BBASE3; EBASE3; HBASE3; COACH3
Billing short code: 70313
To make a £5 donation, text:
Keyword FIVE; OPEN; BEAT5; PURPLE5; EVERYDAY5; MOLLIE5; RESEARCH; VEG5; TUESDAY; BBASE5; EBASE5; HBASE5; COACH5; XMAS; CHRISTMAS; CAROLS; CAROLS5; CHRISTMAS5; FINDLAY5; ROADCHEF5; RELAY5; JOGON5; WINTER; WORLD; ESCAPE5; TALK5; SHIRT
Billing short code: 70180
To make a £10 donation, text:
Keyword TEN; ACE; DAVID; BEAT10; PURPLE10; SWEAT10; CYCLE10; EVERYDAY10; MOLLIE10; VEG10; BBASE10; EBASE10; HBASE10; COACH10; CAROLS10; CHRISTMAS10; THEA; CHANGE; SAVE; FINDLAY10; ROADCHEF10; RELAY10; JOGON10; ESCAPE10; BRISTOL10; TALK10
Billing short code: 70181
To make a £20 donation, text:
Keyword TWENTY; BEAT20; CYCLE20; MOLLIE20; VEG20; CAROLS20; CHRISTMAS20; FINDLAY20; ROADCHEF20; JOGON20; BRISTOL20; TALK20
Billing short code: 70182
To make a £30 donation, text:
Keyword THIRTY; BEAT30; CYCLE30; MOLLIE30; VEG30; CAROLS30; CHRISTMAS30; FINDLAY30; ROADCHEF30; JOGON30; BRISTOL30
Billing short code: 70183
2. 100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
For each text message sent, you will either be charged £3, £5, £10, £20 or £30 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number (the “billing shortcode”). Please note where you have donated £20 or £30 you may receive more than one message depending on your network operator. This is normal and a consequence of your network operator’s billing processes. This will show on your bill as either multiple charges of £10 or one charge of £20 or £30 (as applicable).
How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your networks process.
3. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
Who can donate?
4. You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
5. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or another non-UK mobile.
6. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
7. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
8. There is no limit on the number of times you may donate via text but there is a daily limit (midnight to midnight) of £30 on text donations to each shortcode from the same mobile number.
Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (so you will not be donating these additional amounts to Cancer Research UK), but you may still incur your standard network message charge.
If you would like to contribute more to Cancer Research UK, you can donate online HERE.
Incorrect keywords and shortcodes
9. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to Cancer Research UK may not be successful. In these circumstances, you will receive either: (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge; or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the relevant donation amount plus your standard network message charge as set out above.
10. If you send your text message to an incorrect shortcode, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not donate to Cancer Research UK, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
11. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
We may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider.
There are separate forms depending on the campaign you are donating to for Cancer Research UK, you will only be sent one link:
Cancer Research UK https://giftaid.cancerresearchuk.org.uk/
Race for Life https://giftaid.raceforlife.org.uk/
Bobby Moore Fund https://giftaid.bobbymoorefund.org.uk/
Stand Up To Cancer https://giftaid.standuptocancer.org.uk/
12. Neither Cancer Research UK or Fonix cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
13. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
14. This SMS service is being provided for Cancer Research UK by Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
How will my donation be spent?
15. Find out more about what we do, or see a detailed breakdown of how we've spent our income in our annual review.
How to contact us
16. If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, including refunds, please contact us on 0300 123 1861 (Monday to Friday from 8 am - 6 pm (call charges apply).
17. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Cancer Research UK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
How to unsubscribe
18. If you do not wish to receive any further mobile communications from Cancer Research UK at all in the future, please contact our Supporter Services team by:
Telephone - 0300 123 1861 Monday - Friday from 8am - 6pm (call charges apply)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org