Text to Donate
Donating to Cancer Research UK by text message is a quick and easy way to help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. All you have to do to donate by SMS is send the relevant keyword to 70180. Each keyword sent is linked to a donation amount, the options by donation are listed at the bottom of this page. Your donation will be added to your phone bill or deducted from your pay as you go credit.
1. 100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK (registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103), and Jersey (247).
For each text message sent, you will either be charged £3, £5, £10, £20 or £30 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number (the “billing short code”). Please note where you have donated £20 or £30 you may receive more than one message depending on your network operator. This is normal and a consequence of your network operator’s billing processes. This will show on your bill as either multiple charges of £10 or one charge of £20 or £30 (as applicable).
How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your networks process. For more information about phone-paid services and how to identify any unknown charges on your phone bill, visit www.phonecharges.org
2. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
How will my donation be spent?
Find out more about what we do, or see a detailed breakdown of how we've spent our income in our annual review.
Who can donate?
3. You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
4. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or another non-UK mobile.
5. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
6. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
Can I donate by text?
7.You must be 16 years old or over to send a text donation, unless a different age limit is specified next to the relevant keyword below.
Where can I send text donations from?
8.You can only donate from a UK mobile. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Island, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
9. There is no limit on the number of times you may donate via text but there is a daily limit (midnight to midnight) of £30 on text donations to each short code from the same mobile number.
Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (so you will not be donating these additional amounts to Cancer Research UK), but you may still incur your standard network message charge.
If you would like to contribute more to Cancer Research UK, you can donate online HERE.
Incorrect keywords and short codes
10. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to Cancer Research UK may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive either: (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge; or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the relevant donation amount plus your standard network message charge as set out above.
11. If you send your text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not donate to Cancer Research UK, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
Cost of donating by text and what Cancer Research UK receives
12. All texts are charged at the amount set out for the relevant keyword below plus one message at your standard network rate (based on your service provider rates); the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five digit number.
100% of your text donation will be received by us.
13. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations. You will not be able to donate more by text from the same number on the same day, but you may still incur your standard network message charge if you try.
14. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
We may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider.
There are separate forms depending on the campaign you are donating to for Cancer Research UK, you will only be sent one link:
Cancer Research UK giftaid.cancerresearchuk.org
Stand Up To Cancer https://giftaid.standuptocancer.org.uk/
15. Neither Cancer Research UK or Fonix cannot accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
16. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
17. This SMS service is being provided for Cancer Research UK by Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
For more details on text to donate services for Stand Up To Cancer, a Cancer Research UK campaign brought to you in partnership with Channel 4, please visit: www.standuptocancer.org.uk/information/terms-and-conditions#text
How to contact us
18. If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, including refunds, please contact us on 0300 123 1861 (Monday to Friday from 8am - 6pm (call charges apply).
19. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Cancer Research UK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
How to unsubscribe
20. If you do not wish to receive any further mobile communications from Cancer Research UK at all in the future please contact our Supporter Services team by:
Telephone - 0300 123 1861 Monday - Friday from 8am - 6pm (call charges apply)
Email - email@example.com
21. This SMS service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
22. Cancer Research UK does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
23. You can also give a monthly donation to Cancer Research UK by text message, which you can stop at any time. For more information and to find the Monthly Giving terms and conditions, please go to http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/giving-by-text.
The monthly giving SMS service is being provided for Cancer Research UK by Open Mobile Global Limited, Holborn Studios, 49-50 Eagle Wharf Road, London N1 7ED.
The following Campaigns are live until the closing date shown. If you text after the closing date or if the keyword or shortcode you text are incorrect or you do not correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to Cancer Research UK but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
To make a £3 donation, text one of the following keywords to 70180:
Keyword POWER; THREE; BEAT3; EVERYDAY3; BBASE3; EBASE3; HBASE3; COACH3; WIGAN3; QUIZ3; SHIRT3; ALAN3; PHIL3; LOUTH3; CENTRE3; BOLTON3; BURNLEY3; BRISTOL3; BELLSHILL3;
TUSCANY3; WEDNESBURY3; ENFIELD3; EASTWOOD3; NE3; RETAIL3; CAMBORNE3; HEAD3; CHEER3; VINNIE3; KATE3; BALLYMONEY3; PROAM3; RELAYLUTON3; COAST3; TEAM3; BCLC3; ARBROATH3; LEGEND3; AMANDA3; HOPE3; LYONS3; TONY3; GARELAY3; YATE3; JUMP3; UOFG3; BALTIMORE3; TDT3; PHD3;
Billing short code: 70313 (this is the number that will appear on your bill)
To make a £5 donation, text one of the following keywords to 70180:
Keyword FIVE; OPEN; BEAT5; PURPLE5; EVERYDAY5; MOLLIE5; RESEARCH; VEG5; TUESDAY; BBASE5; EBASE5; HBASE5; COACH5; XMAS; CHRISTMAS; CAROLS; CAROLS5; CHRISTMAS5; FINDLAY5; ROADCHEF5; RELAY5; JOGON5; WINTER; WORLD; ESCAPE5; MRPUDDING; BRUMBEATS5; WIGAN5; ICE5; SHIRT; QUIZ5; SILK5; HOME5; ALAN5; PHIL5; LOUTH5; CENTRE5; BOLTON5; BURNLEY5; BRISTOL5; BELLSHILL5;
TUSCANY5; WEDNESBURY5; ENFIELD5; EASTWOOD5; NE5; RETAIL5; RACHEL5; LISAMAC5; CAMBORNE5; TALK5; HEAD5; CHEER5; STJUST5; LISKEARD5; LCB5; VINNIE5; COASTNI5; KATE5; BALLYMONEY5
; PROAM5; RELAYLUTON5; COAST5; TEAM5; BCLC5; ARBROATH5; TREE; GARELAY5; AMANDA5; HOPE5; LYONS5; TONY5; LEGEND5; YATE5; AMEY; JUMP5; UOFG5; BALTIMORE5; TDT5; PHD5; WALK; Billing short code: 70180 (this is the number that will appear on your bill)
To make a £10 donation, text one of the following keywords to 70180:
Keyword TEN; ACE; DAVID; BEAT10; PURPLE10; SWEAT10; CYCLE10; EVERYDAY10; MOLLIE10; VEG10; BBASE10; EBASE10; HBASE10; COACH10; CAROLS10; CHRISTMAS10; THEA; CHANGE; SAVE; FINDLAY10; ROADCHEF10; RELAY10; JOGON10; ESCAPE10; BRISTOL10; BRUMBEATS10; WIGAN10; ICE10; QUIZ10; SILK10; HOME10; RACE10; CRUK10; ALAN10; PHIL10; LOUTH10; BEAU10; RACHEL10; LISAMAC10; CAMBORNE10; TALK10; HEAD10; CHEER10; STJUST10; LISKEARD10; LCB10; VINNIE10; COASTNI10; KATE10; BALLYMONEY10; PROAM10; RELAYLUTON10; COAST10; BCLC10; ARBROATH10; COMEDY10; GARELAY10; LEGEND10; AMANDA10; HOPE10; LYONS10; TONY10; YATE10; AMEY10; JUMP10; UOFG10; BALTIMORE10; TDT10; CHALLENGE; PHD10; HELLO10;
Billing short code: 70181 (this is the number that will appear on your bill)
To make a £20 donation, text one of the following keywords to 70180:
Keyword TWENTY; BEAT20; CYCLE20; MOLLIE20; VEG20; CAROLS20; CHRISTMAS20; FINDLAY20; ROADCHEF20; JOGON20; BRISTOL20; BRUMBEATS20; ICE20; HOME20; RACE20; CRUK20; BEAU20; RACHEL20; LISAMAC20; TALK20; HEAD20; STJUST20; LISKEARD20; VINNIE20; KATE20; BALLYMONEY20; PROAM20; COAST20; BCLC20; COMEDY20; AMANDA20; YATE20; LYONS20; AMEY20; UOFG20; BALTIMORE20; TDT20; PHD20;
Billing short code: 70182 (this is the number that will appear on your bill)
To make a £30 donation, text one of the following keywords to 70180:
Keyword THIRTY; BEAT30; CYCLE30; MOLLIE30; VEG30; CAROLS30; CHRISTMAS30; FINDLAY30; ROADCHEF30; JOGON30; BRISTOL30; BRUMBEATS30; HOME30; RACE30; CRUK30; BEAU30; RACHEL30; HEAD30; STJUST30; LISKEARD30; VINNIE30; KATE30; PROAM30; COAST30; YATE30; LYONS30; BALTIMORE30; PHD30;
Billing short code: 70183 (this is the number that will appear on your bill)