Monthly giving via your mobile phone bill
Monthly giving via your mobile phone bill
You can help Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured by giving monthly via your mobile phone bill. It’s an easy and flexible way to donate to Cancer Research UK.
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer and must be 16 years or over to start to give monthly via your mobile phone bill.
- The standard network charge for text messages is at your network provider's rates.
- Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges from your network provider.
- Cancer Research UK does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
- This Charity Donation Service is being provided for Cancer Research UK by Open Mobile Global Limited, Holborn Studios, 49-50 Eagle Wharf Road, London, N1 7ED.
- Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
How to start donating monthly via your mobile phone bill
You can start a regular monthly donation to Cancer Research UK by entering your mobile number here.
Alternatively, you can text CRUK TO 70002 to activate your monthly gift of £3. To activate your monthly gift of £5, text CRUK to 70088.
These shortcodes are currently live. If you enter the shortcode incorrectly, or you do not correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to Cancer Research UK, but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
You will then receive a message asking you to confirm your monthly donation. You must reply YES to this message to activate your monthly donation. Your reply message will incur a standard rate message cost from your network provider.
How monthly giving works
- Once you activate your monthly donation your first donation of £3 or £5 will be taken immediately.
- Each month, the day before your monthly donation is due, you will get a free text as a reminder.
- This free text will also remind you that you can choose to skip a month by replying SKIP to that text message within 24 hours. If you're happy to give then you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged as usual. However, if you choose to skip a month, we won't take the donation that month - you will just incur one standard network text message charge for sending your reply.
- In each month that we take a donation, you will receive a free text receipt message.
- Cancer Research UK receives 100% of each monthly donation.
- If you have any queries about giving monthly by text message please call the Customer Care Line on 0203 282 7862 (line open between 9 am and 5pm on weekdays, except Bank holidays).
How to stop your monthly donation
If you want to stop giving your monthly donation then you can call 0203 282 7862 or:
- text STOP at any time to 70002 to cancel your £3 donation
- text STOP at any time to 70088 to cancel your £5 donation
A STOP message will incur a standard rate message cost from your network provider.
We will remind you of the option to stop your donation each month in your receipt message.
How changing your monthly donation amount works
- If you decide that you want to increase or decrease your monthly donation amount, you can do this by calling the Customer Care Line on 0203 282 7862. You can choose to give monthly donations of £3 or £5.
- You will then receive a message asking you to confirm your new monthly donation. You must reply YES to this message to activate your new monthly donation. Your reply message will incur a standard rate message cost from your network provider.
- Your old monthly donation will be cancelled and a new monthly donation will start. You will not pay for both.
- You will receive our free text reminder and receipt messages for your new monthly donations as described in ‘How monthly giving works’ and can SKIP or STOP these monthly donations in the same way.