Dryathlon terms and conditions
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to Dryathlon®, and by registering for Dryathlon® you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Dryathlon® hotline on 0300 123 1022* and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
Dryathlon® is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”).
Dryathlon® is a registered trademark of Cancer Research UK.
- Dryathlon® is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on 1 October 2018.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Dryathlon®.
- All participants must register for Dryathlon® using their own valid email and UK postal addresses.
- Upon completion of registration, participants will receive a fundraising pack via email. Fundraising materials will also be available to download from https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/do-your-own-fundraising/dryathlon/fundraising-tools-and-ideas
- We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- Any monies raised in connection with Dryathlon® are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with Dryathlon® are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after Dryathlon® finishes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
• Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
• Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to:
Cancer Research UK,
PO Box 1561,
stating Dryathlon® on the reverse
- Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of your information
- By providing your information when you register for Dryathlon®, we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering Dryathlon®, and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Dryathlon®.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
- The Dryathlon® website (including the mobile website) is not directed towards children under the age of 13, nor does Cancer Research UK knowingly collect personal data of children under 13 in connection with the Services. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 and you believe we may have collected that child's information, please contact us at Supporter Services at Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford OX4 9GZ, by phone on 0300 123 022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on Dryathlon® website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
- Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
- Use of the Dryathlon® website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
- All participants enter Dryathlon® entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
- Cancer Research UK does not condone irresponsible alcohol use. Further information can be found here.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.