Marathon Month Challenge rules
Updated 21st May 2020
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to Marathon Month Challenge, and by registering for Marathon Month Challenge you agree to comply with them. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Marathon Month Challenge hotline on 0300 123 1022* and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
Marathon Month Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247)) (“CRUK”).
- Marathon Month Challenge is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the day of registration.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Marathon Month Challenge.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
- Following your registration we will send you information about Marathon Month Challenge including your Fundraising Pack and suggested ways to improve your fundraising via email.
- We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with Marathon Month Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with Marathon Month Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after Marathon Month Challenge finishes. Sponsorship monies/donations will largely be collected through participants’ GivePenny online fundraising pages or through a sponsorship form they’ll receive in their fundraising pack. Money pledged via GivePenny online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
- Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to:
Cancer Research UK,
PO Box 1561,
stating Marathon Month Challenge on the reverse
2. Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of your information
- By providing your information when you register for Marathon Month Challenge we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering Marathon Month Challenge and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Marathon Month Challenge.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on Marathon Month Challenge website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of the Marathon Month Challenge website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter Marathon Month Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.