The information below outlines how applications are to be made using our electronic Grants Management System, eGMS. Please refer to the relevant funding scheme's guidelines for more information.
Before submitting an application
- Ensure that your proposal fits within the remit of the particular Cancer Research UK committee and funding scheme you are intending to apply to, by checking the relevant funding scheme.
- Ensure you have read the relevant guidelines for the funding scheme you are intending to apply to.
- Log into eGMS to start your application.
- For the majority of Cancer Research UK's funding schemes, applicants will be asked to complete an eligibility quiz before getting access to the application form. This ensures that the applicant is eligible to apply for funding for that particular scheme. If you have any queries on this, please get in touch with the committee contact for the relevant funding scheme.
Submitting an application
- Please fill out all sections of the application form that are shown to be mandatory, and ensure that you have completed all sections correctly by reviewing the 'review and submit' tab on the system. Once you are happy with your application, click 'submit'.
- An email will be sent to your host institution administrator informing them that your application is in the system, waiting for them to review and either approve/decline it.
- If they request a resubmission, you will be sent an email with what needs to be changed. You will be able to make the necessary changes in the application and then re-submit the application.
- If your host institution administrators approve the application, you will be notified by email that your application has been successfully submitted to Cancer Research UK.
Applications are only fully submitted to Cancer Research UK once approved by your host institution administrators. Applications that miss the deadline because of a delay in your administrative office approval will not be accepted.
- Cancer Research UK staff will check that you have provided all the information the funding committee needs to be able to make a decision. You will be contacted via email if there are any problems.
- The application will be sent out for peer review, where applicable.
- If the funding scheme you are applying to permits you to review and respond to the peer review comments obtained on your application, you will be sent these via eGMS and you will be able to submit your response through the system.
- Your application is taken to the relevant committee meeting for consideration.
- The outcome of your application will be emailed to you. You will be able to log into eGMS to view any feedback including your peer review comments, if you did not see these before the application was discussed at the committee meeting.
Funding scheme deadlines
Please check the relevant funding scheme to find out the deadline for the scheme you are applying for.