Read advice from our research funding team on how to make a successful grant application at any level.
We have an excellent peer review process that supports our strategic priorities while remaining responsive to new opportunities. Our Scientific Executive Board oversees all committees and they all adhere to our thorough code of practice (PDF, 96KB) and Terms of Reference (PDF, 76KB).
Our committees and relevant schemes
- Clinical Trials Awards and Advisory Committee - This committee reviews: Feasibility Study Project Grants, Phase III Clinical Trial Grants and Prospective Sample Collections Project Grants.
- Clinical Careers Committee - This committee oversees Cancer Research UK’s funding of clinical academic careers in cancer research.
- NAEDI Scientific Committee - This committee reviews the NAEDI Research Call scheme.
- New Agents Committee - This committee reviews: Drug Development Office Projects, NAC Trial Grants, NAC Trial Endorsements and NAC Preclinical Grants.
- New Investigator Committee - This committee oversees Cancer Research UK’s funding to support independent researchers from the start of their careers in cancer research.
- Population Research Committee - This committee reviews: Population Research Committee (PRC) Programme Grants, Population Research Committee (PRC) Project Grants, Population Research Postdoctoral Fellowship and The Cancer Research UK/Bupa Foundation Cancer Prevention Fellowship.
- Science Committee - This committee reviews: Science Committee Programme Awards, Programme Foundation Awards, Biomarker Project Awards, Cancer Immunology Project Awards, Drug Discovery Project Awards and Multidisciplinary Project Awards.
- Tobacco Advisory Group - This committee reviews: Tobacco Advisory Group (TAG) Project Grants.
You can also read about our Scientific Executive Board who are responsible for developing and implementing our scientific strategy.
Search all funding calls
Find your perfect scheme or grant and take the next step in your research career.