Policies that affect your grant
This section details Cancer Research UK's funding policies.
This information should be read in conjunction with our grant conditions and your grant award letter. If you have any queries, please contact the Research Funding Manager for your grant.
- Clinical trials policy on medicines for human use — Policy on clinical trials in response to the implementation of the Medicines for Human use (clinical trials) Regulations 2004
- Data sharing and preservation — Policy on management and sharing of data arising from CRUK funded research
- Open access policy — Policy on Open Access Publication
- Flexible research careers funding policies — Flexible working policies to support the career development needs of a diverse research community
- Research integrity: guidelines for scientific conduct — Guidelines to mitigate the risk of scientific misconduct, to be read in conjunction with our Grant Conditions.
- Researchfish policy — Policy on our use of Researchfish
- Salaries of investigators — Policy relating to the funding of scientists' salaries
- Salaries of consultant clinicians — Policy relating to the payment of consultant clinicians' salaries
- Tobacco funding policy — Our Code of Practice on tobacco industry funding to universities
- Use of animals in research — Policy on the use of animals in research
This guidance is intended to help grantees and host institutions understand our policies and administer CRUK grants.
- Costs guidance — We generally only fund direct research costs. This guidance provides examples of what that means, and costs which are not acceptable.