Veg Pledge Terms and Conditions
Veg Pledge rules
Updated 3rd September 2018
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to Veg Pledge and by registering for Veg Pledge you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Veg Pledge hotline on 0300 123 1022* and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
Veg Pledge is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”).
- Veg Pledge is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the day of registration.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Veg Pledge
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
- Upon completion of registration, participants will be able to download a fundraising pack. This pack will also be available to download from https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/charity-challenges/veg-pledge/fundraising-ideas
- We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with Veg Pledge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with Veg Pledge are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after Veg Pledge finishes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
- Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to:
Cancer Research UK,
PO Box 1561,
stating Veg Pledge on the reverse
2. Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of Personal Data
1. By providing personal data when you register for Veg Pledge, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by us for the purposes of organising and administering Veg Pledge, and you agree that CRUK can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Veg Pledge.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on Veg Pledge website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of the Veg Pledge website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter Veg Pledge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.