Free Will Service - solicitors
Your use of our Free Will Service is governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
- You must be aged 18 or over to use the Service.
- There is no obligation on users of the Service to leave a gift to Cancer Research UK.
- You must consent to your solicitor providing Cancer Research UK with your full name, address, date of birth and whether or not you have included a gift to Cancer Research UK in your Will. Your solicitor may also share whether your Will is simple or complex and the features that define this e.g inclusion of a trust or multiple beneficiaries. This will be used purely for product development purposes and no personal infpormation will be shared regarding this.
- Users of the service are limited to 3 free Will writing consultations under this scheme. This includes new Wills and changes to existing Wills.
- Cancer Research UK reserves the right to withdraw the Free Will Service.
- We understand that you may want your gift to go towards research into a certain type of cancer or to provide support in your local area. We will endeavour to meet this wish as far as is reasonably possible.
- We will get in touch to thank you if you’ve been kind enough to leave a gift in your Will to Cancer Research UK when using our Free Will Service.
Cancer Research UK pays for supporters to write a ‘simple’ Will, mirror Will, single Codicil or mirror Codicil, as this helps to drive income from gifts in Wills by removing the need for supporters to pay for their Will. Cancer Research UK does not pay for more complicated Wills as this would negatively impact the charity’s return on investment beyond its current desire.
If the costs of writing your Will exceed this fixed sum you are responsible for the additional amount. When giving instructions to your solicitor you should check that the cost of the Will is covered by the Free Will Service.
Please note your solicitor alone, not Cancer Research UK, has control of and is responsible for preparing your Will.
The solicitors who participate in the Free Will Service are registered and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) (in England and Wales) The Law Society of Scotland, and the Law Society of Northern Ireland (as appropriate)*.They are independent of Cancer Research UK and participating in the Free Will Service does not imply a recommendation by Cancer Research UK.
If you would like to use our Free Will Service with a solicitor’s firm not currently offering the Service, please ask them to call us on 020 3469 8797 or email us on LegacyOperations@cancer.org.uk, so that we can provide them with the necessary information.
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ.
If you have any questions about Cancer Research UK, about how your legacy might make a difference or about any aspect of using the Free Will Service, including any feedback, please call 0300 123 7733 (Monday to Friday between 8 am to 5 pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(*these registrations may not apply to other Will writing products)