Free Will Service
How the Free Will Service works
Your use of our Free Will Service is governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
- You must be aged 55 or over to use the Service.
- For mirror Wills only one person needs to be 55 or over.
- There is no obligation on users of the Service to leave a gift to Cancer Research UK.
- Users of the service are limited to 3 free Will writing consultations under this scheme. This includes new Wills and changes to existing Wills.
- Cancer Research UK reserves the right to withdraw the Free Will Service.
- We understand that you may want your gift to go towards research into a certain type of cancer or to provide support in your local area. We will endeavour to meet this wish as far as is reasonably possible.
Cancer Research UK pays for supporters to write a ‘simple’ Will, mirror Will, single Codicil or mirror Codicil, as this helps to drive income from gifts in Wills by removing the need for supporters to pay for their Will. Cancer Research UK does not pay for more complicated Wills as this would negatively impact the charity’s return on investment beyond its current desire.
If the costs of writing your Will exceed this fixed sum you are responsible for the additional amount. When giving instructions to your solicitor you should check that the cost of the Will is covered by the Free Will Service.
Please note your solicitor alone, not Cancer Research UK, has control of and is responsible for preparing your Will.
The solicitors who participate on the Free Will Service are registered and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority* (SRA). They are independent of Cancer Research UK and participating in the Free Will Service does not imply a recommendation by Cancer Research UK.
If you would like to use our Free Will Service with a solicitor’s firm not currently offering the Service, please ask them to call us on 020 3469 8797 or email us on FWSadmin@cancer.org.uk so that we can provide them with the necessary information.
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SCO041666) and the Isle of Man (1103). Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4AD.
If you have any questions about Cancer Research UK, about how your legacy might make a difference or about any aspect of using the Free Will Service, including any feedback, please call 0300 123 7733 (Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm) or email email@example.com.
*SRA registration may not apply to other Will writing products.