Cycle 300 Terms and Conditions
Cycle 300 rules
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to Cycle 300, and by registering for Cycle 300 you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Cycle 300 hotline on 0300 123 1022 * and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
Cycle 300 is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247) (“CRUK”).
1. Cycle 300 is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
2. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Cycle 300.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
1. Following your registration, we will send you information about Cycle 300 and suggested ways to improve your fundraising.
Cycle 300 fundraising packs (“Packs”) are available free of charge from Cancer Research UK, but there is no obligation on Cancer Research UK to issue Packs, nor does registration confer entitlement to a Pack. Only one Pack is available per participant. Requests for additional Packs cannot be fulfilled.
Upon completion of registration, participants will be able to download a fundraising pack. This pack will also be available to download from here.
2. We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with Cycle 300 are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with Cycle 300 are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after Cycle 300 finishes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
- Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to: Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ. Stating Cycle 300 on the reverse.
2. Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of your information
1. By providing your information when you register for Cycle 300, we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering Cycle 300, and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Cycle 300.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. Fundraisers must comply with the Cycle 300 guidelines found in the downloadable materials (“Materials”) when using Cycle 300 logo and imagery. Copyright in the Materials is owned by CRUK or its content suppliers. Photos must not be taken from the internet and fundraisers must use signed off poster templates where possible.
2. Any editorial coverage or press activity which mentions Cycle 300 must be signed off by CRUK and sent to email@example.com 3 weeks in advance of use.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on the Cycle 300 website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of the Cycle 300 website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter Cycle 300 entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
3. Cancer Research UK does not condone irresponsible alcohol use. Further information can be found here.
4. Participants must ensure that they have consent of the owner of any premises at which they propose to hold a Cycle 300 event.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
Prize Terms and Conditions
By registering for the Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge at www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/find-an-event/charity-challenges/cycle300, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions governing the award of the prize to the top five fundraisers (“The Competition”). The promoter of The Competition is Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ (the “Promoter”).
1. The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over who fulfil the criteria below, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
2. To be eligible for The Competition, entrants must have:
(a) registered for a Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge at www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/find-an-event/charity-challenges/cycle300; and
(b) not opted out of marketing communications.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
4. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 on 31 October 2021 if you do not wish to be entered into The Competition.
5. Unless you opt out, you will automatically be entered into The Competition when you register for a Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge at www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/find-an-event/charity-challenges/cycle300 provided you meet the eligibility criteria above.
6. You must ensure that all fundraising monies and donations you collect are deposited into your Cancer Research UK Giving Page established as part of the registration process by 23.59 on 31 October 2021 (the “Closing Date”).
7. The funds deposited into your online Cancer Research UK Giving Page by the Closing Date will make up your fundraising total (the “Fundraising Total”).
8. For the avoidance of doubt, any fundraising monies or donations deposited after the Closing Date will not be counted towards your Fundraising Total.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided at registration by a participant or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the depositing of funds raised in association with the Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge.
11. One Cancer Research UK branded Kalas jersey (details of the selection available are in the links below) will be awarded to each of the five winners as selected in accordance with clause 17:
12. The Prize is provided by Kalas Sportswear. The provision of the Prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Kalas Sportswear and any complaints about the Prize should be directed to Kalas Sportswear (at Kalas Wear Ltd, Suite 2, Somerton House, Broad Street, Somerton, Somerset TA11 7ND).
13. Each winner is personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the Prize.
14. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize.
15. By participating, entrants agree that the Prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the Prize.
16. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
17. The Promoter will review the Cancer Research UK Giving Pages of all individuals participating in the Cycle 200 and Cycle 300 fundraising challenges and the five individuals with the highest Fundraising Totals on the Closing Date will win The Competition. (For the avoidance of doubt, there will be five Prizes in total, not five for each of the Cycle 200 and Cycle 300 fundraising challenges.)
18. The winners will be notified within 5 days of the Closing Date via the details provided as part of the CRUK registration process for the Cycle 200 or Cycle 300 fundraising challenge. The Promoter will request sizing requirements and a delivery address for the Prize from each winner. The Promoter will arrange for the delivery of the Prize to each winner within 30 days of the Closing Date. If the Promoter anticipates that there will be a delay in the delivery of the Prize, it will inform winners and provide information about the revised delivery date.
19. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to the participant with the next highest Fundraising Total. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20.The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions. In these circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and will reallocate it to the participant with the next highest Fundraising Total who has not already been awarded a Prize.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend The Competition; (ii) cancel or refuse any entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to participants).
22. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of The Competition and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
23. The winners acknowledge that the Promoter may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to The Competition. However, for the avoidance of doubt entry into The Competition or the award of the Prize is not conditional upon consent being given.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
26. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.