Thank you for your interest in raising funds for Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”). These rules apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and by signing up to fundraise for CRUK you agree to comply with them.
If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
1. You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of CRUK. You should therefore refer to raising money “in aid of” CRUK, rather than on CRUK’s behalf.
2. You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by CRUK relating to your fundraising activity, but it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you.
3. You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
Unless CRUK has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the CRUK name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission, and in accordance with the CRUK Brand guidelines. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the CRUK name and/or logo on your own materials by emailing email@example.com
, and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to CRUK as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with CRUK’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs unless otherwise agreed with CRUK.
Use of Personal Data and Consent
1. By providing your information when you sign up to fundraise for CRUK, CRUK can use the details to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for CRUK.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Cancer Research UK’s privacy statement which can be found at www.cruk.org/privacy
1. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to CRUK, you agree that these may be used by CRUK for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
1. You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
2. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
3. You acknowledge and accept that CRUK’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
4. You will not do anything that threatens CRUK’s reputation or name. If you do, CRUK has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.