Cancer Awareness Movement Declaration
Before joining the Cancer Awareness Movement, please take a moment to read and understand our declaration.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to get in touch with the team.
Call us on 0203 469 6888 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- I agree to declare and discuss with Cancer Research UK’s Cancer Awareness Movement team any unspent criminal convictions or pending court cases I may have.*
- I agree to keep to the messages and facts from the training session, and to signpost people to Cancer Research UK’s website and nurse helpline for more information.
- I acknowledge that I am joining the Cancer Awareness Movement entirely at my own risk and that Cancer Research UK shall not be liable in any way for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of my activities other than as a result of Cancer Research UK’s negligence.
- I agree to abide by all CR-UK health and safety policies and guidelines and understand that I have a responsibility for my own and others health and safety whilst being involved with the charity.
- I understand that I don’t need to collect anyone’s personal data to be involved in the Cancer Awareness Movement
*A prior criminal conviction or pending court case may not prevent you from volunteering with Cancer Research UK but we need to be able to make fully informed decisions about deploying our volunteers safely and in accordance with the law. Hence failure to disclose relevant information or providing false or misleading information will ordinarily result in the volunteering opportunity being withdrawn with immediate effect. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 you do not need to disclose any convictions which are considered ‘spent’ under the provisions of the Act.