On the night
Prepare to see Glasgow in a different light
Get ready for an amazing night in Glasgow. Here are some easy ways to make this year’s Shine Night Walk the best yet.
What to bring
- Your walking number, t-shirt and back sign, with your emergency details filled out on the back. If you haven’t received your pack within a month of signing up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safety pins to attach them
- Supportive walking shoes appropriate for long distances, that you’ve already trained in
- Breathable/waterproof clothing – layers are best as it can get cold overnight
- Lights, bright colours, glow in the dark accessories and neon face paint to light up Glasgow – it’s your time to Shine!
- A bottle of water so you can stay hydrated. And plasters, just in case
- A fully charged mobile phone – you can use it to let your friends know how you’re doing using #ShineWalk
- Money – we will have lots of merchandise and refreshments for you to buy on the night
Don't get stranded
Please aim to arrive at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre one hour before your start time. Make sure you plan in advance, especially as you'll be travelling at night.
Volunteer at Shine Night Walk
The success of the event is down to so many people, and without our amazing volunteers it simply wouldn’t be possible. If you fancy handing out medals, cheering people on or helping out at venues then we have a role for you.
Photos on the night
Our photography partner, SportCam, will be taking photos of you along the route and at the finish line. If you're snapped on the night, make sure you take a look at the SportCam website to find and buy your photos.
They will be available a couple of days after Shine Night Walk and we’ll let you know as soon as they’re available for you to view and buy.
If you do not wish your photograph to be taken, please tell the photographer on the night