Game Changer Challenge Terms and Conditions
Game Changer Challenge rules
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to Game Changer Challenge, and by registering for Game Changer Challenge you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact Game Changer Challenge hotline on 0300 123 6645 * and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
Game Changer Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”).
- Game Changer Challenge is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the day of registration.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Game Changer Challenge.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
1. Upon completion of registration, participants will be able to download a fundraising pack via the welcome email.
2. We will keep you informed on your fundraising progress and send you information on your challenge and how to fundraise via email communications.
3. We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with Game Changer Challengeare held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection withGame Changer Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after the exercise challenge finishes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
- Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to:
Cancer Research UK, PO BOX 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ
Stating Game Changer Challenge on the reverse
2. Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of your information
- By providing your information when you register for Game Changer Challenge we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering Game Changer Challenge, and CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Game Changer Challenge.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on Game Changer Challenge's website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of Game Changer Challenge's website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter Game Changer Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.