Our fundraising promise
Supporters drive everything we do at Cancer Research UK. With no government funding for our research, it’s only thanks to your generosity that we’ve helped double cancer survival rates in just 40 years.
You are at the heart of everything we achieve. As such, giving to us should be a great experience and we promise:
To be transparent about where your money goes
- We will provide information about our finances so you can see how your money is beating cancer and the difference you're making
- For every £1 donated, over 80p is used to beat cancer. The rest is used to raise funds for the future.
- We will keep you up to date with life-saving research your support is funding and how you are helping beat cancer
To respect any personal data you share with us
- Your data is safe with us. We never sell on your details, and we comply with data protection law
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, in a way that suits you - including how to opt out from future communications
- If you don’t want to hear from us, that’s fine – you just need to tell us
To operate our fundraising to the highest standards
- We strive for the highest possible standards in our fundraising, are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are committed to complying with its Fundraising Promise. We are also a member of the Institute of Fundraising.
- We are proud to champion the principles of honesty, accountability and transparency when fundraising
- We will only work with professional fundraising organisations that meet our high standards. We monitor all the fundraising organisations we use closely, and if we find cause for concern we will investigate as a matter of urgency
To be respectful
- If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will respect your decision. We will never put pressure on you to make a donation
- Whenever we start a conversation, either on the phone or in person, we will ask if you are happy to speak with us
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, including the elderly and those affected by cancer. Our procedures and practice reflect this
To listen and learn
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us. Our friendly Supporter Services team is on hand to answer any queries and we very much value your feedback
Any questions? Please get in touch – we would love to hear from you
Thank you for your continued support. Together we will beat cancer sooner. If you have any further questions, please contact our Supporter Services team on 0300 123 1022