If you want to apply, you must be able to answer 'yes' to all of the following:
- Do you have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree (in any discipline)?
- Do you have the permanent right to live and work in the UK without restriction? Or are you entitled to apply or have an outstanding application for a valid work permit?
- Have you achieved success outside of your academic career through work experience, internships, summer placements, voluntary experience or positions of responsibility at university?
- If applying for the Scientific Strategy and Funding stream, do you hold a degree in a natural, physical or life science?
- Do you have a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English?
Applications for the 2019 Cancer Research UK Graduate Scheme are now closed!
Stage 1. Online application
To start the application process, you'll need to fill in an online form, upload your CV and complete three competency based questions. In your CV please include examples of paid work experience, voluntary positions or university held positions.
We’ll send you an update on your application by late December.
Stage 2. Home based task
If successful on initial application, the next step will be for you to take part in a task that can be completed from home, this will be a short telephone interview/pre-recorded submission or written assessment. You’ll be asked to demonstrate the skills required for the Stream you are applying to.
These should take place in January.
Stage 3. Assessment Centre
If you’re successful at this point, you’ll be invited to come to our London offices for an assessment day. This will be a full day which will consist of a series of exercises that reflect the types of activities you would experience in the role, as well as an interview with talent sponsors. It’s also a great opportunity to see where we work and meet some of our current graduates to talk about their experience.
These will take place mid-February.
Stage 4. Offer stage
Following the final stage we will be in a position to make offers to our new Graduates and provide feedback to all candidates that made it to that stage.
You will find out if you are successful in early March and the placement would start in September 2019.
Applications now open!
Click on Apply Now. Then filter the results by Job Type and select 'Graduate Student'.
Nina - Head of Internal Communications
"As a whole, the graduate scheme has been really influential in shaping my career. I learnt so much about the Charity and was able to build-up my internal network, which continues to be useful to this day."