You might have questions for your doctor about cancer pain. Here are some things you might want to ask.
You may find it helpful to print off this page and take it with you to the appointment. You could also write down any other questions you would like to ask.
- What are the different types of cancer pain?
- What is causing pain?
- How long will my pain last?
- Who can help with treating my pain?
- How will you assess my pain?
- Are painkillers addictive?
- Who can I talk to about my pain?
- Does the pain mean that my cancer has got worse?
- Could the pain be related to something other than my cancer?
- How can I get financial help while I'm unable to work?
- Is there any research going on into cancer pain and its treatment?