- The Cancer Research UK (“CRUK”) Summer 2014 Raffle (the “Raffle”) is promoted by CRUK of Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD and is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 with licence No.000-005026-N-100710-008. Responsible Person: Richard Charles Taylor. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- Entry into the Raffle costs £1 per ticket.
- CRUK will send a maximum of 30 tickets to individuals in an initial mailing. Tickets will also be available for purchase through participating CRUK shops from 16th June 2014 to 4th August 2014 (both dates inclusive) subject to availability.
- Additional tickets may be requested by emailing email@example.com. The amount of additional tickets sent out will be in the absolute discretion of CRUK.
- Monies raised by the Raffle will go to the work of CRUK which is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464) and in Scotland (SC041666).
- Payment for participation in the Raffle can be made by cash, debit card, credit card or cheque made payable to Cancer Research UK. We cannot accept payment over the telephone or via the internet or by CAF voucher.
- Each ticket will be entered into the draw only upon receipt of full payment in cleared funds. Only tickets for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- CRUK accepts no liability for Raffle tickets, entries, correspondence or prizes which are lost, delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner cannot be identified or, in the case of entries, which have insufficient postage. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
- The closing date is 29th August 2014. All Raffle entries sent by post must be received by CRUK at Freepost RRAL-TRSC-TTEL, Cancer Research UK, Summer Raffle 2014, Halifax Road, Melksham, SN12 6YY by this date. Tickets received after this date will not be entered into the draw and monies will be treated as a donation.
- The Raffle draw will take place on 5th September 2014 at the head office of CRUK’s fulfilment house at Valldata Services Ltd (“Valldata”), Halifax Road, Bowerhill, Melksham, SN12 6YY. Valldata holds an external lottery manager’s licence from the Gambling Commission.
- The winners will be the first 18 valid entries randomly selected from all entries received by the closing date and prizes will be awarded in order of selection.
- The results of the Raffle draw are final and communication about them will not be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by post no later than 12th September 2014.
- There is one first prize of £8,000 cash or a VW Up! (1.0L Manual, 3 Door), one second prize of £750 cash, one third prize of £250 cash, five fourth prizes of a luxury hamper (retail value is £70 per hamper inclusive of delivery and VAT) and ten fifth prizes of £25 worth of John Lewis vouchers.
- All prizes are also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider.
- The car prize will be a VW up! with one year’s road tax and manufacturer’s warranty. Car may differ from that illustrated. Choice of colour is subject to availability. The insurance, maintenance and running costs of the car will be the responsibility of the winner from the time of collection or delivery of the car. The winner of the car prize has the option to choose to take £8,000 cash instead of the car.
- In order to claim the car prize the winner must produce a valid insurance certificate in the name of or naming the winner and any other documentation required by CRUK. A car prize winner without a full driving licence authorising them to drive the car in the UK may, in CRUK’s absolute discretion, nominate another person to collect or receive the car who must produce all documentation required by CRUK, including a valid insurance certificate.
- By accepting a prize, winners agree that CRUK can use the winner’s name and photograph for promotional purposes. Winners may be asked (and by entering agree to) provide a photograph and be photographed if required, and provide comment on being selected as a winner, which may be used to promote future CRUK raffles.
- Prizes are subject to availability and CRUK reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and except where expressly stated no cash alternative will be available. The person named on the Raffle ticket stub will be the only person entitled to the prize.
- This Raffle is open to individuals resident in Great Britain aged 16 years or over, including CRUK volunteers. Any person found to be under 16 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Proof of identity and age may be requested.
- The Raffle is not open to employees of CRUK or Valldata or anyone actively involved with the administration of the Raffle.
- By entering the Raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended at any time by CRUK). Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any queries or complaints please contact the Supporter Contact Team, Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ on 0300 123 1861*.
- By providing your personal information to CRUK, you agree to it being used for the purpose of administering the Raffle and being shared with CRUK’s agents and prize providers, where appropriate. CRUK may also use your information to contact you about CRUK’s activities, including fundraising. If you would rather not receive these communications please contact the Supporter Contact Team, Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ on 0300 123 1861*. For more information about how CRUK uses personal data see CRUK’s Privacy Statement at http://aboutus.cancerresearchuk.org/utilities/privacy-statement/.
- CRUK reserves the right to award any prizes not claimed after six months to an alternative winner.
- A list of the surnames and home counties of winners will be available for 28 days after 12th September 2014 at www.cruk.org/raffle or by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Supporter Contact Team, Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ.
- CRUK reserves the right to reject any entry (and award any prize to an alternative winner) if it has grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and shall have no liability to an entrant for any loss or damage arising from such rejection.
- Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, CRUK excludes any liability for loss or damage incurred by any winner in connection with or arising from the use of the prizes or participation in the Raffle.
* Standard geographic charges from BT landlines will apply. Calls from other network operators and mobiles may cost more.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from trained counsellors at GamCare by calling 0808 8020 133 or via their website www.gamcare.co.uk.
To request a copy of our social responsibility policy and for advice about responsible gambling please email firstname.lastname@example.org