Cancer Research UK Christmas Raffle 2015
Mail Date: 5th October 2015
This lottery is a cash generation activity run by Cancer Research UK (“CRUK”) in the form of postal entries. Tickets will be mailed to approx. 300,000 individuals on 5th October 2015.
The Raffle is being promoted by CRUK under its non-remote licence (no. 000-005026-N-100710-010). CRUK is engaging an External Lottery Manager (Valldata Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (no. 1671518) whose registered office is at Valldata House, Halifax Road, Bowerhill, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 6YY (“Valldata”)) to administer the Raffle. Valldata holds an External Lottery Manager’s licence issued by the Gambling Commission.
Approximately 3 million tickets with a face value of £1 will be printed including 0.5% additional tickets in case of further requests.
The Raffle draw will take place on 8th January 2016 at Valldata’s registered office.
For clarity, please note that the Raffle is separate from the weekly lottery that CRUK is also promoting under its remote and non-remote licences. Participants in the Raffle will not be automatically entered into the weekly lottery draw.
Monies raised by the Raffle will go to the work of Cancer Research UK, registered charity numbers 1089464 (England and Wales) and SC041666 (Scotland).
Prizes for the Raffle are:
First Prize - £15,000 Cash or a Ford Focus Zetec car
Second Prize - £1,000 Cash
Third Prize - £250 Cash
Fourth Prizes – Kindle e-reader Wifi, 6” E Ink Display for 10 winners
Fifth Prizes - Luxury hampers for 5 winners (retail value is £70 per hamper inclusive of delivery and VAT)
Sixth Prizes - £25 John Lewis vouchers for 10 winners
The full terms and conditions for the Raffle are set out below. These will be hosted on the Cancer Research UK Raffle website, www.cruk.org/raffle and available by post if requested.
Full Terms and Conditions for Christmas Raffle 2015
Cancer Research UK Christmas Raffle 2015 (the “Raffle”) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
Responsible Person: Anthony Newman.
All profits raised from the Raffle will go towards the work of Cancer Research UK.
Registered Charity Numbers: 1089464 in England and Wales and SC041666 in Scotland.
1. By entering the Raffle, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any Raffle entry and participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
2. This Raffle is open only to individuals aged 16 years or over who live in Great Britain. Any person who has entered the Raffle and who is found to be under 16 years of age will automatically forfeit any prize. The Promoter reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
3. The Raffle is not open to employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s subsidiary companies or any company involved with running the Raffle.
4. The cost of each entry into the Raffle is £1 per ticket.
5. The Promoter will send a maximum of 30 tickets to individuals in an initial mailing.
6. Additional tickets may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The amount of additional tickets sent out will be in the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
7. Payment for participation in the Raffle can be made by debit card, credit card or cheque made payable to Cancer Research UK. Payment cannot be accepted over the telephone, via the internet or by CAF voucher. There is one first prize of £15,000 cash or a Ford Focus Zetec, 5 Door 1.0 100PS Ecoboost Manual Transmission, one second prize of £1,000 cash, one third prize of £250 cash, ten fourth prizes of a Kindle e-reader Wifi, 6” E Ink Display*, five fifth prizes of a luxury hamper (retail value is £70 per hamper inclusive of delivery and VAT) and ten sixth prizes of £25 worth of John Lewis vouchers. All prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the prize provider, which shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The closing date is 23rd December 2015. All Raffle entries sent by post must be received by CRUK at Freepost RRAL-TRSC-TTEL, Cancer Research UK, Christmas Raffle 2015, Halifax Road, Melksham, SN12 6YY by this date. Tickets received after this date will not be entered into the draw and monies will be treated as a donation.
9. The Raffle draw will take place on 8th January 2016.
10. The winners will be the first 28 valid entries randomly selected from all entries received by the closing date and prizes will be awarded in order of selection. Only tickets for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
11. Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and except where expressly stated no cash alternative will be available. The person named on the Raffle ticket stub will be the only person entitled to the prize.
12. The car prize will be a Ford Focus Zetec with one year’s road tax and manufacturer’s warranty. Car may differ from that illustrated. Choice of colour is subject to availability. The insurance, maintenance and running costs of the car will be the responsibility of the winner from the time of collection or delivery of the car. The winner of the car prize has the option to choose to take £15,000 cash instead of the car.
13. In order to claim the car prize the winner must produce a valid insurance certificate in the name of or naming the winner and any other documentation required by the Promoter. A car prize winner without a full driving licence authorising them to drive the car in the UK may, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, nominate another person to collect or receive the car who must produce all documentation required by the Promoter, including a valid insurance certificate.
14. Cash prizes will be transferred directly into the winners’ bank accounts or paid by cheque (at the Promoter’s discretion) within 28 days of the draw.
15. Winners will be notified by post within 28 days of the draw.
16. A list of the titles, surnames and home counties of winners will be available for 28 days after 22nd January 2016 at www.cruk.org/raffle or by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Supporter Contact Team, Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ.
17. By entering the Raffle you agree to provide a photo of yourself, and to the Promoter using this photo and your title, surname and home county in relation to you being a winner of the Raffle, including on the Promoter’s website at www.cruk.org, and on promotional materials relating to the Raffle and related activities.
18. The Promoter will use your personal information for the purpose of administering the Raffle. For more information about how the Promoter uses personal data see Cancer Research UK’s Privacy statement at http://aboutus.cancerresearchuk.org/utilities/privacy-statement/.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to reject your entry and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the Promoter has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and the Promoter shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from the Promoter exercising such rights. The Promoter shall return any amounts already paid by any entrant found to be under 16, but is not liable to return any amounts already paid by any other entrant, and any such refund the Promoter makes will be solely in the Promoter’s discretion.
a prize is not claimed;
a prize cannot be paid or delivered (as applicable) using the details provided to the Promoter; or
any cheque payment from the Promoter remains uncashed;
after 6 months of the date of the draw, this prize will be forfeited.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
22. Subject to paragraph 23, the Promoter shall not be liable for:
Raffle tickets, entries, communications or prizes which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or, in the case of postal entries, which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
any late bank payments;
the Promoter’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Raffle or your use of any prize; or
any failure or delay beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
23. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
24. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time, but will notify entrants of material changes before these come into effect. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Raffle is final. The Promoter operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on www.cruk.org/about-us/contact-us and by post on request to the Supporter Contact Team on 0300 123 1861. In the event of a complaint or dispute relating to the Raffle that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction using the Promoter’s procedure referred to above, you can request that the matter be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (www.ibas-uk.co.uk), which provides Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) services to help resolve such complaints.
26. The Promoter is committed to operating the Raffle in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at www.gambleaware.co.uk or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. To see the Promoter’s Social Responsibility Policy, including information about self-exclusion, please visit www.cruk.org/raffle, OR to request a copy please email email@example.com or call Supporter Contact Team on 0300 123 1861.
27. If you have any queries or complaints about the Raffle please contact the Supporter Contact Team by writing to Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9GZ or by calling 0300 123 1861.
* Amazon.EU SARL is not a sponsor of this promotion. Kindle prizes are provided by the Promoter.