Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
All about chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), including early symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose CLL, treatment including chemotherapy, steroids, biological therapy such as rituximab (Mabthera) and alemtuzumab (Mabcampath), and current research. Living with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia covers coping with your diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
There are several other types of leukaemia, including other types of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Please make sure you are in the right section. Go to our general leukaemia page if you are in any doubt.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Broken cell 'stopwatch' could lead to blood test to signal how fast leukaemia will progress
- Scientists have pinpointed key changes to the telomeres in the cells of leukaemia patients which could play a crucial role in the earliest s...
- 10 Jun 2010
- News: NICE approves rituximab for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), the most common form of adult leukaemia, will now be able to obtain the drug rituximab (M...
- 24 Jul 2009
- News: Lymphoma drug could treat leukaemia patients too
- A drug that is currently licensed to treat patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma may also improve treatment for people with chronic lymphocytic...
- 8 Dec 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team