Cancer Research UK’s Great Row™ Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. By claiming a reward through this promotion (the “Promotion”) you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
2. The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
3. The Promoter and Fitness First Ltd reserve the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any claimant. If a claimant is found to be ineligible, the Promoter and Fitness First Ltd reserve the right to give their Fitness First reward to another claimant and to require the return of the reward.
How to claim your reward:
4. To claim your reward you must:.
- register to take part in the Great Row™ on www.cruk.org/TheGreatRow.
- receive a confirmation email from the Promoter confirming that you have been registered to take part in the Great Row™;
- set up an associated individual Just Giving fundraising page; and
- through that Just Giving page as at 23.59 UK time on 3rd April 2016 have raised the relevant amount as set out in paragraphs 5 , 6 and 7 below. Team pages are not eligible and Gift Aid is excluded from the calculation of the relevant amount.
Fitness First Rewards
There are three levels of reward as follows:
5. Everyone who raises from £50 to £99.99 (both figures inclusive) as at 23.59 UK time on 3rd April 2016 will receive a 3 day guest membership pass (which must be used over 3 consecutive days) to any Fitness First gym in the UK. Passes must be downloaded from 16th April to 16th July 2016 (both dates inclusive) and must be redeemed at the chosen Fitness First Gym within 14 days of being downloaded. On or around 5th April 2016, the Promoter will email successful claimants a web-link to enable them to download their passes. This reward is subject to the conditions in paragraph 8.
6. Everyone who raises £100 or more as at 23.59 UK time on 3rd April 2016 will receive one 3 day guest membership pass (which must be used on 3 consecutive days) for them and 1 guest to any Fitness First gym in the UK. . Passes must be downloaded from 16th April to 16th July 2016 (both dates inclusive) and must be redeemed at the chosen Fitness First Gym within 14 days of being downloaded. To make use of the guest membership pass, additional guests must attend at the same time as the claimant pass holder. On or around 5th April 2016, the Promoter will email successful claimants a web-link to enable them to download their passes. This reward is subject to the conditions in paragraph 8.
7. The 5 individuals who raise the most money as at 23.59 UK time on 3rd April 2016 will receive a voucher for a 12 month guest membership to any Fitness First gym in the UK, which will be valid from 16th April 2016 to 16th April 2017 (both dates inclusive). In the event that more than 5 individuals are eligible for this voucher, the Promoter shall conduct a random prize draw (in the presence of an independent observer) to determine which 5 individuals will receive a voucher. On or around 5th April 2016, the Promoter will email successful claimants their vouchers. This reward is subject to the conditions in paragraph 8.
8. Guest membership passes are provided by Fitness First Limited and are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Guest members and additional guests must be 18 or over.
- Guest membership passes are valid at all Fitness First gyms in the UK.
- Use of guest membership passes is subject to the conditions contained within the Fitness First Health Commitment Statement.
- Guest members and their guests must pay an additional charge to use the beauty rooms or crèche.
- Guest membership passes have no cash value.
- Guest membership passes are not for re-sale.
- Classes are subject to availability.
- To get your temporary membership card or padlock, you must show photo id and your guest membership voucher/pass and pay a £5 deposit.
9. You are responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions and all other incidentals. You are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the rewards.
10. The rewards are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s or Fitness First Ltd’s control, the Promoter and Fitness First Ltd reserve the right to substitute the rewards for similar rewards of equal or greater value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the relevant reward.
11. The rewards are given on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the rewards.
12. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you and shall not accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up, or failing to take up, any of the rewards except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or your conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Promotion and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require you to return any reward given (if applicable) and to give your reward to an alternative claimant.
14. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete email addresses or personal details provided by you. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay your ability to claim or use a reward, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late or corrupt claims, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
15. You will be bound by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel, suspend or amend the Promotion; (ii) cancel or refuse your claim and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to claimants and potential claimants).
17. Unless otherwise agreed between you and the Promoter, any personal data received from you will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Promotion and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
18. You agree: (i) that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce reward recipients as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require.
19. The name and home county of reward recipients will be available for one month after the Promotion to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: High Value Supporter Partnerships, Cancer Research UK, The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
20. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
21. If you have any queries please contact our Supporter Services team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0300 123 1022.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.