Fundraising Group Member - Cardiff
Come and join Cardiff Dragons for Cancer Research UK in their fight to help beat cancer! We are looking for volunteers who can give some time to help this amazing fundraising group to plan and deliver events to raise money for vital life saving research.
Why we need you
Cardiff Dragons for CRUK are determined to help beat cancer and need your help to ensure Cardiff does it’s part in supporting people going through cancer treatment. With your help we can do so much more to raise funds for this important cause and allow people more time with their loved ones.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local relationship manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- Reward and recognition for time given
- Updates on the impact you are having on research
What benefits can I expect?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
This is an ongoing opportunity to become a member of the Cardiff Dragons for CRUK fundraising group. The time commitment is varied and can work to suit on an individual basis.
If this is an ongoing opportunity, how much time will I need to commit?
- A day to spare for each event arranged by the committee. This is flexible and the group is happy to accommodate individuals' needs.
- 1-2 hours per month for committee meetings
- Varied hours for event planning depending on the events the committee wish to plan
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Cardiff or the surrounding areas however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
What’s the next step?
Register your interest today by clicking 'Apply for this role' above, and your Relationship Manager will contact you to tell you more about Cardiff Dragons Fundraising Group.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.