You are likely to have a lot of questions to ask your doctor. It might help to write them down so you don't forget.
Your doctor might not be able to answer all your questions straight away. They may need the results of some tests first.
Here is a list of things you could ask:
- When will you know if I definitely have cancer?
- Which tests do I need?
- How long will it take before I get the results?
- How will I be told the results?
- When will I be told if there are signs the cancer has spread?
- What happens if the results show the cancer has spread?
- If I have a rare type of cancer, will the treatment be different from the commonest type of that cancer?
- When will I start treatment?
- Will I be able to see a specialist nurse?
- What emotional support can I get?