Coronavirus and cancer

We know it’s a worrying time for people with cancer, we have information to help. If you have symptoms of cancer contact your doctor.

Read our information about coronavirus and cancer

Decorative image

Getting diagnosed

Your GP will ask you about your symptoms. You might have an urgent blood test or be referred to a specialist.

Seeing your GP

Find out what happens when you see your GP and how to get the most out of your appointment.

Referral to a specialist

Find out when GPs refer people to see a specialist doctor called a haematologist for chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML).


There is no national screening programme for chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML). Find out why.


Find out about the tests you might have for CML, including blood tests and bone marrow tests.

Last reviewed: 
02 May 2019

Information and help