About the National Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative
The National Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative - NAEDI - is a public sector/third sector partnership. It is led by NHS England, Department of Health, Public Health England and Cancer Research UK.They work in partnership with other public and voluntary sector organisations to support and drive forward work on early diagnosis.
The role of NAEDI is to coordinate and provide support to activities and research that promote the earlier diagnosis of cancer.
NAEDI is an England-based initiative, but much of the research and insight generated is likely to be relevant to other nations.
NEW Download the NAEDI briefing sheet to find out everything you need to know about the initiative.
In this section you can:
- Find out more about each of the four NAEDI work streams
- Achieving early presentation by public and patients
- Optimising clinical practice and systems
- Improving GP access to diagnostics
- Research, evaluation and monitoring
- Find out about and download the NAEDI 'insight' research commissioned by Cancer Research UK and the Department of Health
- Get the links to the Department of Health's Key Messages
- Read about the Cancer Awareness Measures and download the toolkits
- Access the special NAEDI supplement to the British Journal of Cancer
- Download the NAEDI newsletters
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team