Lifestyle - A to Z
This page contains links to content about how lifestyle affects cancer risk.
Decades of research have shown that living a healthy life can reduce the risk of cancer.
Find out more by browsing the links below.
Lifestyle is a sub-category of Causes of cancer and Preventing cancer
Browse content about Lifestyle
- Diet, alcohol and cancer in the UK - statistics
- Our policy on obesity and diet
- Our research into lifestyle and diet
- Physical activity and risk of cancer in the UK statistics
- Prof Kay-Tee Khaw
- What causes cancer?
- News story: Government taking a 'careful look' at tobacco packaging
17 April 2013
- Press Release: Friends and family say doctors should give lifestyle advice to cancer patients
8 February 2013
- News story: International agreements tackle tobacco smuggling and premature deaths
16 November 2012
- News story: 'Tougher actions' needed to reduce deadly toll of sunbeds
24 July 2012
- Press Release: Vanity taking its toll on women's long-term health
18 April 2012
- News story: Swapping red meat for other protein sources reduces risk of early death
12 March 2012
- News story: Change4Life warns of cancer risk from drinking 'a little too much'
7 February 2012
- News story: New genetic fault linked to lung cancer in non-smokers
22 December 2011
- News story: Australian Senate passes cigarette pack reform
14 November 2011
- News story: Tobacco-ad ban 'supported by public'
4 November 2011
- News story: World leaders must 'take tobacco much more seriously' to achieve development goals
12 February 2013
- News story: Lifestyle-linked diseases continue to increase globally
13 December 2012
- News story: 852 million people use tobacco products worldwide
17 August 2012
- News story: Cutting alcohol intake 'would prevent 2,600 cancer deaths a year'
30 May 2012
- News story: Minimum alcohol pricing 'would cut deaths and hospital admissions'
17 April 2012
- News story: Public smoking bans 'drive down home smoking'
14 February 2012
- Press Release: Processed meat may increase pancreatic cancer risk
13 January 2012
- Press Release: Cigarettes, diet, alcohol and obesity behind more than 100,000 cancers
7 December 2011
- News story: Large study confirms fibre reduces bowel cancer risk
10 November 2011
- News story: Moderate drinking 'ups cancer risk'
2 November 2011
Related audio and video
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team