Lifestyle - A to Z
This page contains links to content about how lifestyle affects cancer risk.
Decades of research have shown that living a healthy life can reduce the risk of cancer.
Find out more by browsing the links below.
Browse content about Lifestyle
- Diet, alcohol and cancer in the UK - statistics
- Our policy on obesity and diet
- Our research into lifestyle and diet
- Physical activity and risk of cancer in the UK statistics
- Prof Kay-Tee Khaw
- What causes cancer?
- News story: Stoptober highlights continuing increase in women with lung cancer
1 October 2013
- News story: Smokers urged to quit during Stoptober
9 September 2013
- News story: Tobacco firms responsible for half of UK cigarette price rises
13 August 2013
- News story: NICE issues new guidance in anti-smoking fight
5 June 2013
- Press Release: Cancer survivors need more support to stop smoking and drinking
22 May 2013
- News story: World leaders must 'take tobacco much more seriously' to achieve development goals
12 February 2013
- News story: Lifestyle-linked diseases continue to increase globally
13 December 2012
- News story: 852 million people use tobacco products worldwide
17 August 2012
- News story: Cutting alcohol intake 'would prevent 2,600 cancer deaths a year'
30 May 2012
- News story: Minimum alcohol pricing 'would cut deaths and hospital admissions'
17 April 2012
- News story: Scottish government stands firm on tobacco pack plan
11 September 2013
- News story: Back of pack picture warnings on cigarettes 'less visible to young people'
5 September 2013
- News story: Standardised cigarette packaging 'makes smokers more likely to quit'
22 July 2013
- Press Release: Cancer Research UK states need for further research into electronic cigarettes
5 June 2013
- News story: Government taking a 'careful look' at tobacco packaging
17 April 2013
- Press Release: Friends and family say doctors should give lifestyle advice to cancer patients
8 February 2013
- News story: International agreements tackle tobacco smuggling and premature deaths
16 November 2012
- News story: 'Tougher actions' needed to reduce deadly toll of sunbeds
24 July 2012
- Press Release: Vanity taking its toll on women's long-term health
18 April 2012
- News story: Swapping red meat for other protein sources reduces risk of early death
12 March 2012
Related audio and video
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team