Postdoctoral Research Bursary for Clinical Trainees
About this scheme
Applications are considered from any area of our funding remit, with the exception of clinical trials and drug discovery.
You should have:
- obtained a higher degree (MD/PhD) in a cancer-relevant research area.
- a national training number (NTN or NTN(A)) at the time of award
- secured protected time and salary for your research
You should not have held any previous postdoctoral fellowships.
Fellowships must be hosted in a UK University or research institute. Periods of research experience away from the host institution may be requested and must be fully justified.
Funding support is provided for:
- up to £35,000
- up to 2 years support
- research expenses and research services (e.g. statistical support, lab technician services, etc)
- travel related to the research project or collaborations
The award cannot be used to fund:
- the applicant’s salary
- course or examination fees
How to apply to this scheme
Overview of the application process
Applications for this scheme are considered once per year. The application process has a single stage. The next application deadline is 8th March 2017. The Committee's decisions on funding will be made in May 2017.
Before making your application
If you have questions aboout the eligibility of your proposal for this scheme, or require any assistance with your applicaton, please contact the funding manager.
All applications must be made through our electronic grants management system (eGMS).
Cancer Research UK contact details
If you have questions about the eligibility of your proposal for this scheme, or require any assistance with your applicaton, please contact the funding manager.
Dr Rachael Panizzo
Tel: +44 (0)20 3469 5331
We're breaking down barriers and helping to progress clinical research careers in the UK