What is cancer?
In this section you can find out how cancer starts, how it grows and spreads, and why it makes people ill. And you can discover how Cancer Research UK scientists have transformed our understanding of the disease.
- What are we made of?
- What causes cancer?
- Where do cancer cells come from?
- How does cancer grow and spread?
- Why do faulty genes lead to cancer?
- How is cancer detected?
- How is cancer treated?
- Why does cancer make people ill?
- How many different types of cancer are there?
- Is cancer just a modern disease?
- What are cancer stem cells?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team