Biopsies - A to Z
This page contains links to content about biopsies - medical tests involving the removal of cells or tissues for examination.
Biopsies are often used to help diagnose cancer.
Find out more using the links below.
Biopsies is a sub-category of Detecting cancer and Tests
- Press Release: New bowel cancer test gets green light with the public
18 February 2013
- Press Release: Calcium deposits could improve breast cancer diagnosis
15 September 2010
- Press Release: Urgent action needed to reverse downward trend in pathology research
4 October 2009
- Press Release: Call for better use of prostate cancer biopsies
12 January 2007
- Press Release: Cancer genes differ in different parts of a tumour
7 March 2012
- Press Release: Men should be warned of possible distress of prostate cancer testing
7 April 2010
- News story: PET imaging can detect cancer gene activity
3 December 2007
- News story: Biopsy still most effective for diagnosing breast cancer, say researchers
13 February 2006
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team