Cancer mortality statistics
Cancer mortality statistics are presented here.
In the UK in 2011, there were 159,178 deaths from cancer.
The latest mortality statistics available for all cancers in the UK is 2011. Find out why these are the latest statistics available.
Use our local cancer statistics tool to find and compare statistical information and intelligence about cancer in areas across the UK.
Our statistical publications provide top-line cancer stats, in-depth explanations, and are all free to download.
View our main publications about mortality:
- Cancer Statistics report: Cancer incidence and mortality in the UK for the 10 most common cancers (January 2014)
- Data Table: Cancer incidence and mortality rates in the UK (January 2014)
- Data Table: Cancer cases and deaths in the UK (January 2014)
- Data Table: Cancer deaths and rates by country in the UK (December 2013)
- Cancer Statistics report: Cancer mortality in the UK in 2011 (December 2013)
- Summary report: The most common cancers in the world in comparison to those diagnosed in the UK (May 2012) - update coming in 2014
or browse our publications site for all our materials.
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team