Cancer incidence statistics
Cancer incidence statistics are presented here.
In 2010, 324,579 people in the UK were diagnosed with cancer.
Looking for cancer Key Facts?
Looking for the Incidence Cancer Statistics Report?
The latest incidence statistics available for all cancers in the UK are 2010. Find out why these are the latest statistics available.
The latest UK cancer incidence statistics by age at diagnosis including incidence in age groups and trends by age.
Use our local cancer statistics tool to find and compare statistical information and intelligence about cancer in areas across the UK.
Our statistical publications provide top-line cancer stats, in-depth explanations, and are all free to download.
View our main publications about incidence:
- Data table: Numbers of cases, incidence rates and UK rankings for males, females and persons for 40+ cancers diagnosed in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and the UK as a whole (April 2013)
- Data table: Numbers of cases and deaths for 40+ cancers diagnosed in the UK (April 2013)
- Data table: Cancer incidence and mortality rates for 40+ cancers diagnosed in the UK (April 2013)
- PowerPoint presentation: Cancer Incidence in the UK (August 2013)
- Cancer Statistics report: Incidence UK (August 2013)
- Summary report: The 20 most common cancers in the UK including analysis by age and sex (May 2012) - update coming in 2013
- Summary report: The most common cancers in the world in comparison to those diagnosed in the UK (May 2012) - update coming in 2013
or browse our publications site for all our materials.
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team