Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that most often starts in the covering of the lungs (pleural mesothelioma) but can also start in the abdomen (peritoneal mesothelioma). Here is information on symptoms and causes (including asbestos), tests and scans to diagnose mesothelioma, treatment including surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and current research. Information on living with mesothelioma includes coping with your diagnosis, and managing when you have advanced disease.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Dampening the immune system improves response to mesothelioma treatment
- Suppressing the body's natural defences could improve how well mesothelioma patients respond to certain treatments, a US study suggests....
- 24 Oct 2013
- DIYers urged to be asbestos aware
- A new survey has highlighted the need for Britons to improve their awareness of asbestos - a building material that was banned in the UK in...
- 5 Jul 2010
- Experimental vaccine shows early promise against mesothelioma
- A vaccine against mesothelioma, a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos, has shown early promise in its first clinical trial....
- 5 Mar 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team