You are likely to have a lot of questions to ask your doctor. It might help to write them down so you don't forget.
Here is a list of things you could ask:
- When will you know if I definitely have cancer?
- Which tests do I need?
- How long will it take before I get the results?
- How will I be told the results?
- When will I be told if there are signs the cancer has spread?
- What happens if the results show the cancer has spread?
- If I have a rare type of cancer, will the treatment be different from the commonest type of that cancer?
- When will I start treatment?
- Will I be able to see a specialist nurse?
- What emotional support can I get?