Find out how to look after your skin after melanoma skin cancer.
Why it is important to look after your skin after melanoma
A diagnosis of melanoma means you are at a higher than average risk of having another melanoma in the future.
You must take care in the sun. The area where the melanoma was should not be exposed to strong sun at all.
What you can do to protect your skinYou need to
- wear close weave cotton clothing in the sun
- wear long sleeves and trousers
- wear a hat with a wide brim that shades your face and neck
- wear sun glasses to protect your eyes
- use a high factor sun cream when you are in the sun
- stay out of the sun altogether between 11am and 3pm
- NEVER use a sun bed