Prostate cancer

Hi just curious has anyone got non curable prostate cancer I've had it over 3 years now. I haven't noticed any body else with it on the forum if you have please get in touch. 

Billy 

• Hi Billy

Have you looked at the online forums on Prostate Cancer UK

• Hi I tried but it's very confusing to find what I want thanks anyway. 

Billy 

• Yeah. That's why I don't hang out there, too.  This forum is far better organised and much easier to navigate. 

• I know you're been on here a long time have you seen any body with advanced prostate cancer like me it seems a bit strange, what surprised me it's not curable but not terminal..

Billy 

• I'm not aware of anyone on this forum. I know someone personally who has advanced prostate cancer, but he is unwilling to talk about it and I respect his wishes. 

It might be worth seeing if there is a local support group. I'm a committee member of the group in my town and we get a good turnout at meetings. I know there are regulars who are in the same position as you.

You might find it helpful if you could find a group near you. Have a look at this map: https://www.tackleprostate.org/find-a-support-group-near-you.php

This map is on the Tackle Prostate Cancer website. Our group is affiliated to this organisation, and their chairman (I won't name him here but his details are available on their site) has visited and talked to us. He was diagnosed in 2010 and is still going strong! There is also a helpline, etc, but I don't think there are any forums.  It might be worth phoning and asking if there's a support group near you - or maybe you'd like to set one up!  Ours was set up by one man who put some ads in the local press, then borrowed a meeting room in the local doctor's surgery. We had about 8 at the first meeting; we now fill the room and regularly have speakers.  

• Hey Billygoat, 

It's nice to see you have such a great rapport with Telemando and we really appreciate your kind words about this forum. I thought I'd pop in and let you know I had a little look around the forum for you and found past threads from other members who have advanced prostate cancer which you might be interested in taking a look at. Feel free to connect with any members you find are in a similar situation to you. 

There is for example [@Yme]‍  who posted this thread a few months ago and who mentioned having advanced prostate cancer which had spread to the spinal column and who was at the time considering having additional hormone treatment. [@wolfman60]‍ and [@sadcat]‍  are just another two examples of members on our forum who also have advanced prostate cancer and whose stories you can read on this thread.  There are I am sure others and all you need to do is type the keywords 'advanced prostate cancer' in our search forum function which is located on the blue banner at the top and choose the threads which are relevant to you and which you would like to respond to. So you certainly are not alone here with advanced prostate cancer. If I do spot anyone else, I'll make sure to let you know!

I hope this helps and that you'll be chatting soon to others who are in a similar situation. 

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks lucie I'll have a look In a bit. 

Billy 

• Hi [@Billygoat]‍ 

I know I am a little late. I have only just joined. Thought it might help for me to put some things down.

My dad also has non curable prostate cancer. He was diagnosed back in 2017.It had spread to his shoulder and pelvis. He had 6 chemo sessions and is on hormone injections every 3 months.

His PSA was around 750 when he was diagnosed and after treatment it went down to 0.2 and thereabouts.

Recently it has went up a little again to 5.4 so we are currently waiting on bone scan and CT results.

More and more worries.

I really hope you are well and maybe it will help to know others are in the same position as yourself.

Take care

Vikki

• Hi vikki nice to hear from you, its nice to know I'm not on my own, there's not many like your father and me, hope things go well with the scans,, I've just had a new oncologist, and he's getting me in for a pet scan he reckons it shows things up better, my last psa was, 2.9, lowest mine was on Feb 2018was 0.03, hope your father is feeling OK (can't really say well) hope your looking after yourself as well you don't say your fathers age or what med your father on I'm on decapetyl inj like your father every three months, my cemo is docetaxel, again hope you're father is OK. Best wishes.. Billy

P.s sorry for asking so many questions,, is your father still mobile, 

• Hi Billy

thanks so much.

Has your Psa ever fluctuated? 

He is doing okay, it could be worse. He is 65. His hormone is prostap 3. 

I cant remember what the chemo was unfortunately. 

He is mobile but has trouble with his joints, especially his hip at the moment. What about yourself?

best wishes,

vikki