Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Testicular Cancer

20 Jun 2019 10:54

My son has been diagnosed with testicular cancer and had an operation to remove the testicle May 16th and is now waiting result of scan to see if cancer has spread.He is back at work but although he isn't saying much, I know that the small wound from the op is still bleeding and I wanted to ask if this is normal. He was sent back to A+E a couple of times by Dr. and they removed a few blood clots. I guess I am more worried about infection than my son is.

Testicular Cancer

20 Jun 2019 13:57 in response to Jen11

Hello and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your sons situation and can appreciate your concern.

It is fair to say healing times of wounds can be different between patients and it isn't uncommon to get a little ooze from the wound before it closes up completely. Of course if the wound is bleeding a lot, or your son has other symptoms as well then he should seek medical advice, so they can assess him properly.

Signs of infection can also include a high fever, pain and swelling and an increasingly red wound.

Do have a chat to your son about your worries. I'm sure if he is concerned himself or he is feeling out of sorts he will see a doctor.

I hope this helps, please get back in touch if you have any more questions. If you would would like to talk anything through with a nurse our number is 0808 800 4040. We are here Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm.

Best wishes,

Naomi

Testicular Cancer

20 Jun 2019 14:58 in response to CRUK Nurse Naomi

Hi Many thanks for your prompt response.

As he is not showing any of the obvious signs of infection it's probably just taking longer to heal.

However  if it continues for another couple of weeks, I'll try and get him to go and get the wound checked out again.

Kind regards