Pain

Hi ive lost my leg to a non cancerous bone tumour ate my leg in 6 weeks. I've had bowel cancer stage 3 , chemo offered too late after operation, so could have it. I've had pain in my side and bleeding since Jan. In Jan  i did have a smear ,biopsy results were inconclusive. So had to wait 6 months for change  with constant pain and bleeding. I've just had results from a six month biopsy and smear and found pre cancer cells which have doubled. I'm am now waiting a date for a loop removal etc. However today I'm in so much pain in my side. Doctor offered me an appointment at 5 o'clock, i said i would be there 5 past as son has swimming and want to not let him down. I may of been in time but was being polite.  I am in agony and an very worried as I'm not being treated well .  I'm getting things off my chest i guess here. If anyone has any joy of pain relief or knows how to get help with pain from doctor or hospital be thankful for your remedies.

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, artymum, although I'm sorry for the reasons that bring you here.

We have some information on our website about cancer-related pain management which I'm including here and I hope this will be of some help.

I don't know if you managed to see your doctor the other day, but if you didn't that and you still want to talk to someone medically trained, our cancer nurses are just a phone call away and you can reach them by calling this phone number  0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday, between 9 a.m - 5 p.m.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator